Ls3 into 77 trouble

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by Seabeeamie, Mar 8, 2021.

1. berg2695

berg2695 Veteran Member

I'm not much of a welder but that looks real nice.:)

2. Repoman2

Repoman2 New Member

You want to use a set of Trailblazer SS exhaust manifolds off of the 5.3. They fit tighter against the engine block and clear the front suspension, I have a set on my '73 with a 6.0 LS in it but it is in ND and I haven't moved it out to VA yet to get you a picture.

3. Seabeeamie

Seabeeamie Member

I finally broke down and bought some ceramic coated block huggers from cpp. Ran into another issue with down pipe fit. They do look nice though. First thing out of the wife’s mouth...”why is that big metal piece all rusty”...

4. Seabeeamie

Seabeeamie Member

Got the manifolds in last night, installed today. Beautiful fit and finish, also came with quality hardware for install. Big thanks to cpp, quality product at a reasonable price.

i originally went and got the trailblazer manifolds from the junkyard, I ran into issues with the three bolt flange. My engine sits further forward than your pic, it was still hitting.

massive amount of clearance with these, if you are installing manifolds I highly recommend. Black ceramic coating, ls3 with 4l60e.

Attached Files:

5. 1980RS

1980RS Veteran Member

Those manifolds are almost the same as the Gen 5 Camaro ZL1's. Good thing about those is you can find them for less than $100 and they are stainless steel to boot.

6. hullj21

hullj21 Member Lifetime Gold Member

So is the manifolds you got from CPP for the Trail Blazer SS ? I’m fitting in a LS3 from a 2013 Camaro SS (6.2L factory engine) into a 1970 Camaro. So much research too do, such little time..

7. Seabeeamie

Seabeeamie Member

C404CB9C-1A48-490D-B848-AF2D3D9CEA4C.png

8. Seabeeamie

Seabeeamie Member

The 2 bolt flange was the big winner. I also got the matte black ones, these were the same style though.