LSX 5.3 into 73 Camaro

5.73LSXCamaro

May 15, 2015
Amarillo, Texas
I know it's been a while but I finally have some updates. I pulled the engine back out after modifying the trans crossmember and attempting to modify my clutch pivot arm assembly. I now have installed my new holley oil pan and done a little painting on the engine/trans. Also, I drilled and tapped a drain on the transmission since a lot of these old Saginaws did not have a drain. Now I need to begin to strip and por-15 the engine bay, any helpful hints in that area anyone?
20150722_153010.jpg

5.73LSXCamaro

May 15, 2015
Amarillo, Texas
2ndGenCrazy said:
What did you do for the block mounted Z bar pivot ball?
The Transmission bell housing I have has a bolt hole for the z bar pivot ball. Still gonna have to modify the bar though, but I'll have to wait to get my headers in to do that.

And I liked the price of the 5.3LS engines and that the are iron block makes them easier for the average joe to work on/modify in my opinion.

2ndGenCrazy

Veteran Member
Aug 18, 2011
Upstate New York
5.73LSXCamaro said:
The Transmission bell housing I have has a bolt hole for the z bar pivot ball. Still gonna have to modify the bar though, but I'll have to wait to get my headers in to do that.

And I liked the price of the 5.3LS engines and that the are iron block makes them easier for the average joe to work on/modify in my opinion.

It would be great if you could post a pic in the car.
Thanks

Latest posts