Macy's Parade

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenny77

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Jul 31, 2001
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
The former Disney CEO got fired the other day for going to war with our Gov Desantis over
umm...similar issues. It seems his woke policies did not sit well with the board. Mr. Iger, the former CEO is again, the new CEO.
And they fired his boyfriend too.... someone finally woke up and realized they are going to have to play nice with our governor....for at least the next 6 years.....2 as Governor and then 4 as President

sandlapper

Veteran Member
Oct 9, 2020
SE CSA
All that crap falls right in with "Drag Queen Story Hour" for children sponsored by & hosted by our local public libraries --- all over USA!

Our County Councils members are responsible for oversight & funding for libraries --- fire their butts!

tom3

Veteran Member
Aug 1, 1999
ohio
I thought that was some internet BS so I looked it up on Snopes. Oh my!

In January 2020, readers asked us about a news release that claimed a recently proposed bill in the Missouri House of Representatives. House Bill 2044, the Parental Oversight of Public Libraries Act, was introduced on Jan. 8 by Republican lawmaker Ben Baker, who represents District 160 in Newton County.
The controversy over the proposed measures arose in part from the background and stated intentions of its sponsor. In a Jan. 13 Facebook post, Baker said the bill was designed to target "events like 'Drag Queen Story Hours'" and "agenda driven literary content designed to encourage excessive interest in sexual matters."

Zstar

Veteran Member
Mar 23, 2014
Ocala, Florida
All that crap falls right in with "Drag Queen Story Hour" for children sponsored by & hosted by our local public libraries --- all over USA!

Our County Councils members are responsible for oversight & funding for libraries --- fire their butts!
You have got to be s**tting me! This just SUCKS! Where's my toy plastic gun?

sandlapper

Veteran Member
Oct 9, 2020
SE CSA
It seems --- may or may Not be so --- seems that my once highly-respected public Librarians are Now become GROOMERS (either with intent or by default).

Near me, some of the loudest of the intentional groomer public librarians have recently been purged --- then they sued for reinstatement & big damages --- but, so far, have been unsuccessful in each instance.

In other, more liberal jurisdictions, it seems DQSH blossoms and prevails.

I've visited many public libraries in several different jursidictions: with Rare exception, they've become noisy nursery schools; with little opportunity for reflection/study nor any serious endeavor (save for Grooming kiddies).

Politics is Local --- it's Local --- it's from local successes the direct assaults upon larger jurisdictions are launched. It's local, and often starts right in school boards/commissions. It's Local it's Local. Probably 'nuff said here.

Last edited:

ULTM8Z

Veteran Member
May 19, 2000
Los Angeles
All of this is done in order to normalize this behavior.

I can go on......but......ya know.....hah

My bet is they'll eventually get there. They've gotten to the point where they have the major media, Hollywood, etc, and one of the political parties incrementally embracing it. They've even coined a cutesy little euphemism for it now... Minor Attracted Persons.

Even if they themselves think it's wrong, there's no going back. That's the problem with wokeness and moral relativism, there's no brakes, no off ramp, etc... there's no inherent limiting principle. Either you appove and celebrate my kink or you're just an evil bigot.

Meanwhile the rest of us normals are actually being put in the position of having to argue against something that was considered self-evidently abhorrent just a few years ago.

So yeah, given they've gotten this far already, it's probably inevitable.

sandlapper

Veteran Member
Oct 9, 2020
SE CSA
suggested reading:
2021's "Woke Racism: How A New Religion Has Betrayed Black America"
the author (John McWhorter) is --- wait for it --- an African American. It was on my woke library's shelf

well-regarded author & linguist from a major publishing house

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts