Man, some people...

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Todd80Z28, Dec 31, 2018.

1. sparkyboy

sparkyboy Veteran Member

That's a really good idea, meth freaks don't consider things like that, we met them at "their place" which was a really dark dead end. I felt creeped out as soon as we got there but that's where they messed up, german shepherds are really hard to see in the dark! :-D
    I guess just trust your instincts, and dogs have better instincts than we humans do and honestly an attack dog is much less of a legal liability than having to shoot someone in self defense, without the possibility of an innocent person being hurt on accident.

2. Todd80Z28

Todd80Z28 Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

As a rule, I don't go to anyone's house, and they don't come to mine. We meet in a very public place, well-lit if after dark, during business hours.

BillyDean7173 likes this.
  3. budro6968

budro6968 Veteran Member

I would at least pull the rope or roll the engine over to see if it was seized. I always pick up junk like that.

4. budro6968

budro6968 Veteran Member

I have a neighbor that is a professional Yard salesman. People block my driveway all the time. I don't mind unless I have to get out. But there have been times when I asked who's car is blocking my driveway? No body answers. I got pissed about that and asked the neighbor to announce it again. Finally some B. says I'll move in a minute. She was one of those that actually pulled up half way in the drive and blocked the sidewalk. I told her I would either call the cops or Have it towed. She finally moved it. The county will go around and pull signs out of the ground on city property. I just love that. Most people just leave them so it is a good thing.

5. Knuckle Dragger

Knuckle Dragger Mayor of Simpleton Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

I guess I'm old school, If I'm concerned to the point I need an "attack" dog to complete the transaction I'll just pass on it. I carry whenever I'm meeting someone I don't know but I never brandish it like people have suggested in past threads. IF I had real concerns I just walk away from the deal.

I had a guy in California that wanted me to meet him on a freeway off ramp and he would take me to the car. He insisted I bring the cash with me so we could "make it happen". I decided that wasn't the Camaro for me.

6. carr911

carr911 Veteran Member

I must live on the other side of the "Professionals" - every other weekend! I don't know where they get all the Junk!

7. budro6968

budro6968 Veteran Member

Mine runs a house cleaning business. She gets all kind of stuff when the move or whatever. Funny thing her Old man gets out his trailer at the end of the day and hauls it to Goodwill. He gets tired of having to deal with all the Junk. Surprises me what people will buy. Mostly clothes and crap that even I would toss out.

8. Camaro75LT

Camaro75LT Masshole Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

The few times I have sold stuff online, I insist on pubic places like a busy gas station. If I have any concern, the police stations all allow transactions on their property. If the buyer has an issue with meeting at the police station, they're not the buyer for my sale.

9. carr911

carr911 Veteran Member

So does my neighbor!

10. MIDNIGHTBLUE

MIDNIGHTBLUE Veteran Member

Sounds like a case where he needed to be smarter than the equipment.