Manual Brake conversion and S10 swap questions

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering, Brake & Wheel Topics' started by 89rodknocker, Oct 22, 2020.

1. 89rodknocker

89rodknocker Veteran Member

Planning switching to manual brakes but need some help.

What S10 parking brake cables to get since the pics or part number are not on the site.

Also what manual master to run with a line lock on the brake setup below.

1LE 12" rotor swap in the front with wilwood d52 calipers
    S10 rear disc swap.

I've seen a kit online on ebay for around $189 but figured i might be able to piece one together for cheaper than this but unsure on what master.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-1981-...it-Camaro-Z28-Firebird-Trans-Am-/174073117031

2. ChevyReb

ChevyReb Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Interested to see where this goes in case my power brakes don't work with larger cam and low vacuum.

I do know Keith at custom works has in the past had brake parts on his site and he likes a dual piston manual MC last time I talked to him. If my power brakes are week I'll be calling him back and watching this thread. Also check the sticky notes in this section

3. DesmoEd

DesmoEd Veteran Member

My '69 vette was a manual brake car from the factory.

GM used two different master cylinders on the C3 vettes - the manual brake cars got a 1 inch bore m/c and the power brake cars a 1 1/8 inch m/c.

The smaller bore generates more pressure but with a longer stroke, hence the reason manual brake cars came with a smaller piston diameter m/c

When I redid my car I wanted to stay manual and found out that Wilwood offers a 7/8 inch bore master so I bought one. Its paired with sleeved factory 4 piston calipers and braided steel lines and the car stops very well.

Hope that helps

89rodknocker likes this.
  4. 89rodknocker

89rodknocker Veteran Member

Do you know what master you have? Part number