Manual brakes on street car

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering, Brake & Wheel Topics' started by biker, May 16, 2021.

1. G72Zed

G72Zed Veteran Member

Yep, getting very frustrating to say the least....some of the racer's around here are joking about moving south in order to RACE LOL

I looked at that kit/package as close as I could, very little info as to be expected but saw an interview with R. Sutton at SEMA or PRI, liked what I saw that's for sure.

Keep us posted, race safe, thanks C4Racer.

Last edited: May 20, 2021
  2. C4Racer

C4Racer Veteran Member

ya - I'll check back in here on a new thread when I get some track time and I will surely be in touch with Ron by then and will report anything I find out about future of the package. A lot of R&D went into it - I suspect at some point something is going to happen with it. I think COVID really created a big pause in that.

3. Bamaro

Bamaro Veteran Member

Manual brakes work fine and give you a good feel of the road. I've been driving mine for 50 years with no issues.

biker likes this.
  4. 75Motion

75Motion Veteran Member

I have manual brakes on my 75 with a 350 & 4sp. Came that way from the factory. If you have the ass to push the clutch the brakes seem fine. They have worked fine and are reliable as is and I have no inkling to change them to power.

5. biker

biker Veteran Member

Thanks. Ass is something I'm not short of.

6. seventy7camaro

seventy7camaro Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

When you changed over to the stock manual master cylinder, did you use a spacer between the master cylinder and the firewall? Also, did you use the top or bottom hole to mount your pushrod?