Mark v 454

BRENT RYAN OSBORNE

Oct 3, 2019
Going to be dropping in a Mark v 454 into my 81 camaro. Having trouble finding an oil pan that will work to clear the steering arm and crossmember as well as be for a one piece rear main. any help tracking one down would be graet

1980RS

Veteran Member
Jun 17, 2006
MN
Pretty much all of the stock GM oil pans should work. I just put the 7qt. Truck pan on mine thinking it was going to hit the frame but it fit as good as the 4 qt. pan.

biker

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2014
Canada
Lots of pans fit, but watch for ground clearance. I put a crate 502 in my 77 many years ago. Dropped right in, but I smacked the pan on the ground twice (ugly) on high speed whoopy pavement dips. Now, better springs may have helped, 25 year old me was too busy flooring it to worry about springs.

80NastyZ

Veteran Member
Feb 8, 2007
Poconos P.A.
Truck pan will be fine if you are at stock ride height , lowered any will require a shorter pan.

I ran a truck pan in my '80 with a stockish BBC , when I did the 496 it got a modified Moroso with a lot of attention to oil control within the pan and off of the crank.

Is the engine you are installing stock ? Or modified ? Lots of free hp in the oil pan area.

TOM

BRENT RYAN OSBORNE

Oct 3, 2019
Truck pan will be fine if you are at stock ride height , lowered any will require a shorter pan.

I ran a truck pan in my '80 with a stockish BBC , when I did the 496 it got a modified Moroso with a lot of attention to oil control within the pan and off of the crank.

Is the engine you are installing stock ? Or modified ? Lots of free hp in the oil pan area.

TOM
It is a stock 454 from a 92 chevy

BRENT RYAN OSBORNE

Oct 3, 2019
I Friggin Love you guys. Thought i was going to have to change the damn thing. Looks like the engine is going in next weekend Thanks a million everyone for the responses

Latest posts