Master Cylinder and Booster Advice

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering, Brake & Wheel Topics' started by AlbertaZ28, May 7, 2020.

1. AlbertaZ28

AlbertaZ28 Veteran Member

Thanks for the replies. I've decided to replace the factory booster and try to use what I have. What I've done is cut the mounting bracket off the old booster and modified it to weld onto the 4th Gen booster. I also cut the push rod off the old booster, and the end of the new one. Then threaded both ends to 3/8-16 and used a coupling nut to join them. Just a bit of welding to do and it should be ready to install.

Attached Files:

2. AlbertaZ28

And here is the finished booster. Bolted in perfect.

Attached Files:

3. AlbertaZ28

Final update. The new 4th Gen master cylinder, Booster and 6th Gen Brakes work awesome. There is a nice firm pedal feel and the car stops better than ever.

Attached Files:

4. dcozzi

dcozzi Veteran Member

Does the end spin freely in the booster? Mine did in my manual cylinder so I welded the rod to the sleeve on the pedal side. I used a lock nut on the booster side of the sleeve and left some threads for adjustment. Not being a completely solid rod was a little unnerving for a crucial part. What did yours wind up looking like?
    MC Pushrod.jpg
    20200628_200100.jpg

Last edited: Jun 28, 2020