Mecum Kissimmee today

Discussion in 'Auctions and Online Sales' started by tom3, Jan 6, 2022.

1. 70lt1z28

70lt1z28 Veteran Member Gold Member

That would kill the deal for me right there!;)

Zstar, Z28PILOT and McCune like this.
  2. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

Its always interesting to me where people put their focus their attention on these builds. Did you notice the nut holding the driver inner fender on? The bent inner fender, the crooked rear bumper fangs, yet that dash pad must be an NOS piece.

3. bkmont

bkmont Veteran Member

That Hugger Orange Z brought big money last night.

4. Billohio

Billohio Member

I thought I posted last night but cant find it to add to it. I was beat maybe forgot to sign in or something!
    I looked over 3 cars friday.
    The red Z that sold f41, had a HN stamped block and aftermarket front fenders and some other issues.
    I was all over the H.O. lot f245. It had a lacquer repaint and some minor touch up. It did have a later passenger fender with the knockout. Nothing was painted under the floor. Very solid. Axle stamp looked ok and I saw the vin and the assembly date on the block and they looked good. This is what I noticed in my pictures last night, the vin looked ok on the transmission but the assembly date was POM07C. Is that possible on a 04D car? I believe the interior was original. Looked like the houndstooth had some age but nice shape. I didnt see any tears. The car had around 40,000 miles on it. There was a notepad in the glove box on some stuff done to it. It was bought in 2014 for 56500. I was hoping it would come home with me but not for that much.
    There is a blue z selling today as lot s88. It had a richmond 5 speed in it and looked like some of the tunnel around the shifter might have been cut out for clearance. It had ok paint. Above the belt line was nice, below looked like it could have stood another wet sand and under the rear bumper looked like it had not been wet sanded. It was pretty dull. What I really didnt like was it had a coat of undercoating under it and pretty thick in the wheel houses. I decided I didnt want to find out why and came home.

70lt1z28 likes this.
  5. Smokin'Joe

Smokin'Joe Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Holy Cow..., the selling price on the 70 Hugger Orange Z was listed on their website as $137,500. They were originally estimating it at $70-$90.

--

TommyRS70 likes this.
  6. tom3

tom3 Veteran Member

I see the rear lower valence panel to quarter panel seam is filled in too. Never know what was done there. What was the hammer price on that one? S88

7. Billohio

Billohio Member

s88 the blue one was 74800 with commission

70lt1z28 likes this.
  8. bkmont

bkmont Veteran Member

It was showcased in the same building with all those LS6 Chevelles. Maybe a little bit of the hype rubbed off on it..:)

9. bkmont

bkmont Veteran Member

I talked to the buyer. He was tickled to death to get the car. He's going to drive the heck out of it.

tom3 likes this.
  10. Billohio

Billohio Member

the blue one would be a good driver with the 5 speed.