Mecum Seattle L78 going across

Rand

Veteran Member
Jun 15, 2007
Illinois
70-SS/RS-L78 said:
Rand can I have your car?:eek: :eek: I love Orange 2nd Gen Camaros... I am trying to find the picture of the VIN stamp on Sams L78, I am 99.9 percent sure it was not stamped on rough casting and was stamped on front of the block and it is a Norwood car so you do the math. NOM... It is a nice driver quality car that has a few issues. IMO the buyer and seller both did good.
Mark

Yeah mine is stamped on the front of the block. I used to have a spare replacement CEO block, (it also was stamped on the front), but I sold that one. Was always planning to put it into something, but never got around to it.

I have had this car longer than I have had the kids, but I'd still let it go for $60K..!!!

The purchase date is right on the title, so it's documented.

Rand

Veteran Member
Jun 15, 2007
Illinois
70 SS/L78 said:
Ed your car looks sweet, hope to see it again someday!

Hi Scott! Not quite in the shape yours is in....loved seeing your engine like brand new up at Chicago....I don't think I'll ever see mine like that.
It's almost impossible for me just to keep up on maintenance on mine. I had a bike wreck & broke collarbone & 4 ribs, and I'm still messed up from that.
I had to have someone else rebuild the starter drive just lately, couldn't even do that!
This gettin old ain't for sissies!! LoL

70 SS/L78

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
May 5, 2005
Rockford, MN
Rand said:
Hi Scott! Not quite in the shape yours is in....loved seeing your engine like brand new up at Chicago....I don't think I'll ever see mine like that.
It's almost impossible for me just to keep up on maintenance on mine. I had a bike wreck & broke collarbone & 4 ribs, and I'm still messed up from that.
I had to have someone else rebuild the starter drive just lately, couldn't even do that!
This gettin old ain't for sissies!! LoL

Ed sorry to hear about your accident, hope your recovery goes better... I agree it sucks getting old but what you gonna do ;)

Which stamp are you referring to on the front engine pad? The CKO stamp or the VIN? Every Norwood L78/Z28 I've seen has the VIN stamped down on the bell housing flange in the rough casting.

I would love to have your car but unfortunately it's not in my budget :whine:

70-SS/RS-L78

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Mar 19, 2003
Phila area
Wow Sorry to hear that Ed, a few years ago I was laid up for 2 months when a ladder collapsed and I came down from 12 feet up and completely destroyed my right ankle and heel along with compressing a few vertebra. Talk about a Bad Day!! I like your car so much If I had 60K spare cash I would be seriously thinking about heading your way with a trailer, Would you mind posting a picture of the front engine stamp. Is it a Norwood build?
Mark

al8apex

Veteran Member
Mar 11, 2005
scottsdale, az
^^^

MOST states pick a generic issue date, like Dec 1, whatever year

the second date is the date the title was issue that particular time, 2nd owner, 3rd owner, whatever (note the previous title number note)

al8apex

Veteran Member
Mar 11, 2005
scottsdale, az
very simple to explain

let's just say the 1st owner bought it new

he sells it 15 years later and the 2nd owner titles it, the 2nd title issue date would show like this one has

vfitom2aol.com

Veteran Member
Mar 2, 2000
NE PA
That title shows a "corrected" title which was probably issued in 1986 as shown when it was corrected for whatever reason. In Pa. the title number remains the same regardless of number of owners, change, etc., but I can't speak for Illinois.