Members in Oklahoma

Discussion in 'Oklahoma Region' started by Mousehouse, Dec 17, 2003.

1. topgunz152

topgunz152 Veteran Member

Hey i wanna come too! im in south tulsa. i have a 72 and my buddy on the north side has a 78z28. mine is a daily driver but his only drives when it wants to. im very intrested in meeting up and im sure i could get could get him to come along also. would be willing to go to OKC but would rather have something more regular here in tulsa. (meet once a month or something)i see an oldtimer(late thirtys?)and his boy who have a 71 at the local quick trip every now and then and i also ran into a kid with a 70,1/2 camaro at a gas station awile back and got his #. so thats 4 more 2gens for T-town.

2. 81camaro383

81camaro383 Member

I live in Durant

------------------
    383 stroker, Trick Flow Heads, Comp 292, Performer RPM, Accel ignition, Flowmaster 2.5" exhaust, 3.73 gears, 2600 stall

3. Ted

Ted Veteran Member

topgunz152 there is a club in Tulsa (Tulsa Firebird and Camaro Club) TFCC for short. I have been to a meeting and get-together and they seem to be a nice group. I know they were talking about a get-together with OKC at the meeting I went to.

http://www.tulsafbody.com/

Another club that has alot of f-bodies is OORA (I just joined).
    http://www.oklahomaoutlawracing.com/main.htm
    Here is a vid from OKC and Tulsa.
    http://www.team67tulsa.com/videos/Starbird03.wmv

------------------
    Ted
    80 Z28
    Doug Nash 5spd
    4.10 12 bolt

4. Z28Baby

Z28Baby Member

Hi all....I'm new to this board.
    My husband and I have a '68 SS and are in the process of restoring a '79 Z28. If anyone is interested we have quite a few Z28 parts (new rear window & a rear end to name a few) for sale. Also, we are looking for a Gauge cluster (w/ tach) and dash panel for the Z28.

We would be interested in meeting up... I'd like to see other 2nd gens to maybe get me more excited about the Z28 (I've always been a 1st gen gal)

In the summer we usually go the the Back Yard Burgers Tues night car shows, & Sonic on Peoria Saturday nights. You might consider those places as well

5. topgunz152

topgunz152 Veteran Member

hey z28baby, i need a rear end for my camaro! what do you have and how much? yeah ive gone up to the tue. night car show at back yard burger a few times last summer. it seemed like i was the only 2nd gen camaro there though every time i went. all first and fourth gens. seemed like.

6. Z28Baby

Z28Baby Member

It's a 2nd Gen. 8.5 Rearend w/ brakes, drums & gears. No posi, gears believed to be 273's $75.

If you need leaf springs too I have a set of new ones I ordered for the '68 that are supposed to fit '67-'81 that I would sell for $50.

E-mail or call 344-2516

7. Z28Baby

Z28Baby Member

I don't think we've had our 1st gen @ the BYB show in a few years. We just bought the Z a few months ago. We usually drive our truck to BYB. It's hard to miss....check out www.independentkustoms.com there is a pic of the truck there.
    Once I get the site fully up and running I'll be posting construction photos of the Z.

[This message has been edited by Z28Baby (edited March 25, 2004).]

8. Z28Baby

Z28Baby Member

Leaf springs sold ! Thanks

9. SMAX

SMAX Veteran Member

ONE MORE FOR TULSA!!