Microwave problems....

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by gramps, Mar 28, 2021.

1. The Champ

The Champ Veteran Member

Phil

I didn't have to pay for it (I was a Territory Manager for a cellular company), but my first Motorola flip phone with car kit (installed) probably cost my company over $2000.

The nice thing was that with the car kit (which boosted the phone power up to the max of 3 watts while connected) is that once I had the kit, I could upgrade to the newer flip phones as they came out and they were all compatible with the original kit.

Back then, I usually upgraded to a new phone about every 6 months. There was always a market for a slightly used handheld phone at a discount back in those days - as Motorola had a 3 year warranty.

2. Zstar

Zstar Veteran Member

My whole kitchen is Kenmore. Bought it when I redid my kitchen 11 years ago. Unfortunately Sears is done.
    The microwave is by far the best one I have ever owned. It is the countertop model so easily replaced. I had GE's
    before and were major POS. I always thought you got the biggest bang for your buck at Sears

3. biker

biker Veteran Member

Had one of those too. Only injury I saw it cause was while using it as an improvised weapon of opportunity during an arrest of a guy who took exception to being arrested. Bad guy out cold, Motorola brick: not a mark. Try doing that with a glass iPhone.

carr911, Zstar and gramps like this.
  4. gramps

gramps Veteran Member

there should be a”love this” button I addition to the “like” tab.
    Bet that guy woke up wondering where the f he was and regretting his life decisions....

Zstar likes this.
  5. biker

biker Veteran Member

He was the type of fellow who did not learn or regret anything. Maybe that's too harsh... he was much better behaved during our subsequent encounters.

gramps and Zstar like this.
  6. Fbird

Fbird Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

actually the microwaves cause the hydrogen adams to vibrate...causing heat (just like when you "shiver" while cold--->warm) by friction. Ever notice it takes 3 minutes to heat up water and only 45 seconds to heat up a piece of meat??? hydrogen has so little "mass" that it dissipates heat very quickly
    Yeah you microwave is toast.... btw if its over the range....best remove it or look up specs per your model BEFORE you buy another. Things like mounting style, range fan (on bottom) and over all dimensions my handcuff you into what you CAN buy.... don't ask WHY i know these things. :(

kenny77 likes this.
  7. carr911

carr911 Veteran Member

I had a "Brick" - Best reception of any phone I have ever had.

I remember my buddy Robin Zander of Cheap Trick when he got one of the 1st Flip Phones - I was amazed!

8. kenny77

kenny77 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

[​IMG]

Zstar likes this.
  9. biker

biker Veteran Member

Now thats a cool buddy to have. Awesome band.

10. Zstar

Zstar Veteran Member

My expression as well.

carr911, Fbird and chevyJeff1 like this.