Mini tub kits worth it?

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering, Brake & Wheel Topics' started by vince72, Oct 22, 2020.

1. JUNKYARD AUTOCROSSER

JUNKYARD AUTOCROSSER Member

I actually helped set up the Guldstrand 72 camaro under the guidance of Dean Dodge , who was the Guldstrand suspension engineer. We tuned the suspension on a skid pad. Guldstrand knew how to set up suspensions and was a great guy to learn from. Dean also helped me set up my camaro for autox. Those were the good old days when suspension tuning was grass roots. Thanks , take care and stay safe.

2. biker

biker Veteran Member

If anyone has read the DSE instructions from start to finish (I have), that is no 9 hour job. No disrespect to autobahn, probably a very skilled guy, but I'd say 40 hours for sure from pulling the interior to re-installing it. And if you have the narrowed fuel tank ready to go.

Mr Sunshine likes this.
  3. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

40 hours is what DSE will tell you to. When I was looking for a shop to do mine, I used them as a resource to make sure a shop I chose wasn't ripping me off.

4. biker

biker Veteran Member

Yes. And to make sure the shop you pick knows what they are getting into. I could see many places being over their heads with it.