Miss my 73 Z Green gold metallic paint with black stripes 4 speed

Discussion in 'Camaros Wanted' started by Darksteve, Oct 10, 2021.

1. mallard

mallard Veteran Member

Actually, i know a guy who had a '72 El Camino SS 454 when it was new. Sold it in the later '70s then found it 25+ years later and bought from that owner. Original engine was gone but the car was salvageable. I haven't seen him in some years, but he was in the midst of doing a body off frame restoration but I never saw the finished product.

2. xten

xten Veteran Member

This just pisses me off typing this. Guy I knew had a 67 Corvette coupe. Marlboro Maroon. 427/435 4sp. factory side pipes, knock off wheels, the ultimate to me. Sold it when times got tough. When things got better, he found the motor (complete) and bought it. Then he actually found the car! Son owns a chassis shop and it sat there for years unassembled. The car needed painted, but it was still nice and all there. He said he would never sell it. Well he just passed a couple years ago and his son inherited it and sold it. Didn't even put it together.

3. BillyDean7173

BillyDean7173 Psychopathy Red

The son should have put that car together for his dad to enjoy before he passed. Such a shame to hear a story like this.

4. tom3

tom3 Veteran Member

But for what that car was/is worth it was probably a no-brainer.

5. Z28PILOT

Z28PILOT Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Yeah , very wealthy people , like Poppa John the pizza king , who can offer a reward of huge money , that people will pay attention and seriously want to get involved.
    Yeah offer like a 25K published in lots of major cities it might have been last known ….and people s brains will get turned on. ….or pay private investigator…..either way when doing this type of hunting , it helps to be rich …lol

6. Bentley

Bentley Veteran Member

:poor Poppa John, he got Grudened

7. Pmkgraffix

Pmkgraffix New Member

This is the original green you looking for. Needs restoration

Attached Files:

8. ORIG73ZED

ORIG73ZED New Member

9. ORIG73ZED

ORIG73ZED New Member

Hi
    Hey Steve, if you are serious about the opportunity of owning another one I have a sliver/black 4 spd I am “considering” selling. Pretty much a survivor car, 1 repaint, complete numbers match car, original panels, exhaust and would consider it a strong number #2 car. Let me know what you think I’m in Canada.

10. Alyx

Alyx New Member

There’s a green straight bumper numbers matching car on eBay right now. it sold a few months back for 20k and the new owner (used car lot) wants 30 for it now