Missing emblem on trunk?

Gary S

Administrator
Lifetime Gold Member
Apr 14, 1999
Bismarck, North Dakota
On a full restoration like that, some small details usually get lost. You can bet that GM put the emblem on originally, but it got lost when everything was redone.

1970camaronut

Veteran Member
Jul 25, 2010
I read somewhere on here that they stopped putting the emblems on the trunk 6/5/70 however this car is a 2B. For $88K it should have one!

COPO

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Sep 15, 1999
Ontario, Canada
88K, WOW, a friend of mine just bought a place in FL for 29,000 fully furnished, gated on a Golf Course N of Ft Myers. :eek:

70 SS/L78

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
May 5, 2005
Rockford, MN
1970camaronut said:
I read somewhere on here that they stopped putting the emblems on the trunk 6/5/70 however this car is a 2B. For $88K it should have one!

Towards the end of 1970 production the "Camaro" trunk emblem was eliminated on cars with the rear spoiler, the exact date is unknown. Cars without spoiler continued to use the "Camaro" trunk emblem for the next few years.

While the car in question is a beautiful car and a very nice restoration it does have a few minor things that are not correct.

Last edited:

White81Z

Veteran Member
Nov 17, 2004
NY
1970camaronut said:

My 06D barely survivor car had the trunk emblem. I have also seen a few 07 build cars with them as well. Don't go by what you read.

Rick H.

bkmont

Veteran Member
Nov 14, 2010
Pensacola, Florida
White81Z said:
My 06D barely survivor car had the trunk emblem. I have also seen a few 07 build cars with them as well. Don't go by what you read.

Rick H.
My barely survivor 07B doesn't have one. Is it because it has the spoiler?

moehoward

Veteran Member
Sep 12, 2003
Rochester NY USA
Hey bkmont
Did you get your Z from upstate NY ? I sold one a few years back that sounds like your car, A guys wife from Florida bought it for her husband.

bkmont

Veteran Member
Nov 14, 2010
Pensacola, Florida
moehoward said:
Hey bkmont
Did you get your Z from upstate NY ? I sold one a few years back that sounds like your car, A guys wife from Florida bought it for her husband.
Moe,

It was last titled in 2003 - Phoenix, Arizona, according to that title, the last title transfer was in 1991. The POP and warranty book show that it was sold new to a fellow named Paul Graham who bought it at Bob Keefer Chevrolet in Santa Monica, California.
The fellow I bought from had it in Pompano Beach, Fl. It was still had the Arizona title until I acquired it.

The 2003 Phoenix owner owned a paint and body shop. Here's what he told me about the car. His shop painted it, new seat covers and carpet. He ran it and a Boss Mustang through an R&M auction in Scottsdale.

Last edited:

Latest posts