More Chassis Tag 74Z28

Z28PILOT

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Oct 8, 2009
Emerald Isle , NC
These pics are from an original low mileage car showing some factory mrks and tags locations .....good reference

zbrown4.jpg

zbrown5.jpg

ronzz572

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Feb 8, 2007
imperial pa
Wow more tags, cool pics. Fred did you have this in your picture files or do you know who owns this car? I would like to make contact with him.

CamaroNmotion

Veteran Member
Jan 8, 2006
Buffalo, NY
Great find Fred, thanks. Did you get a dozer for Christmas and are digging everything up on '74's? LOL

Now if only we can find a supplier to make them up.

Here's another one for the files.

Attachments

• 74Z28CSdecal_Dick.jpg
    74Z28CSdecal_Dick.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 228

Z28PILOT

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Oct 8, 2009
Emerald Isle , NC
Haah ha...good one Pete..

That one pic is very important for concours, as shows the motor mount with its blue/green overspray I think and Alot of other parts in their untouched or unrestored factory condition.

It would be cool if the usual crowd with 74 cars on here could pitch in and add rare or unusual parts pics, bezels, fenders , knobs, decals , aircleaners, trim , special bolts , mag articles ect that people are always asking about 1974 Camaros. Discussion could be added to subjectfor each threads as new questions, or finds come forth. I know I have trouble remebering where all the tidbits of info or data I collected is at. So maybe Specfic 1974 would be a good place to stash it.:D

Z28PILOT

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Oct 8, 2009
Emerald Isle , NC
ronzz572 said:
Wow more tags, cool pics. Fred did you have this in your picture files or do you know who owns this car? I would like to make contact with him.

this was the 900 mile car that was part of a thead about its worth maybe a year ago...owner died 4 months after purchase I think. Don't know who wound up with this car...??? It was brown 4spd Z28 , with NO D88 or D80 , was special ordered by the owner. I might have a couple more pics. I think the car was in Ohio. There maybe more if the thread can be found on NastyZ.

74Z28GC3

Veteran Member
Sep 1, 2000
North Pole, Alaska
ronzz572 said:

ronzz572,

You may want contact John, but not the person who owns the Z28 that Fred mentioned earlier. John has a 19,000 mile 74 Z28 LT that his dad bought new. Please check out pictures of it on this thread below. He has a lot of pictures on it with some tags showing and a very clean reference when doing a restoration.

http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=213012

George

ronzz572

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Feb 8, 2007
imperial pa
I remember the car. I saved some pictures too of it. I think it went to a auction maybe Florida. I have to look for my pics. Anyone remember the 1974 z28 from california that was stored under the blankets. I was wondering who the owner is on this sight? There were a lot of original pics of that car posted here on this sight.

CamaroNmotion

Veteran Member
Jan 8, 2006
Buffalo, NY
Z28PILOT said:
Haah ha...good one Pete..

That one pic is very important for concours, as shows the motor mount with its blue/green overspray I think and Alot of other parts in their untouched or unrestored factory condition.

It would be cool if the usual crowd with 74 cars on here could pitch in and add rare or unusual parts pics, bezels, fenders , knobs, decals , aircleaners, trim , special bolts , mag articles ect that people are always asking about 1974 Camaros. Discussion could be added to subjectfor each threads as new questions, or finds come forth. I know I have trouble remebering where all the tidbits of info or data I collected is at. So maybe Specfic 1974 would be a good place to stash it.:D

That's a fantastic idea Fred. I'm all for it. Having that one central location would be the answer. As time slips by and there are less original cars along with their owners and this idea of yours would help to document our finds along with their stories. What were finding out is that factory put these cars together with many parts...not all conforming to assembly or part manuals or revisions that are still not found anywhere today. Some are unique to just that one or so many cars....all for the sake of keeping the assembly line moving.

Latest posts