Mothers clay bar system

camarochevy1970

Veteran Member
Jan 23, 2003
Pittsburgh, PA
The advantage to mothers, and a lot of the other big names is that you can just walk into a local parts store and buy it. Sometimes it is just more convenient to walk iun a grab something so you can work on your car that day

Rand

Veteran Member
Jun 15, 2007
Illinois
2nd gen man said:
very nice cars..
71camaro383,and Rand...
i've used liquid glass for many years....
never tryed the clay bar system,,,

Thanks...

Yeah if you have an older paint job especially, you should try the clay bar. Takes all the gritty out of the paint!!

I do sections of the car at a time, first the top...then once I got it cleaned good, put on the Liquid Glass. Then on to the next section...
:bowtie:

bygblok

Veteran Member
Nov 28, 2010
Pensacola Florida
I tried Mother's for the first time a month or so ago on my car and was truly amazed how easy the clay bar is to use and how slick the paint was when I finished it. I waxed it up with Meguires red cleaner wax when I was finished and it was like new paint all over again!!

camarochevy1970

Veteran Member
Jan 23, 2003
Pittsburgh, PA
Lucy and Linus said:
If I work hard, how long should I expect it to take me to wash, clay, wash, wax?

Thanks,
Dave

Depends really, claying takes about as long, maybe a touch longer then a wax job, but for me that is probably 3 hours or so

John Wright

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Aug 9, 2002
Rustburg, Va
2nd gen man said:
very nice cars..
71camaro383,and Rand...
i've used liquid glass for many years....
never tryed the clay bar system,,,
Love the liquid glass!..been using it for a long time...I also like the Mequire's line of stuff

Latest posts