Moving to Columbia, SC

Discussion in 'The Carolinas (North & South)' started by cheyenne383, May 22, 2014.

1. cheyenne383

cheyenne383 New Member

I got a job offer too good to pass up so it looks like I will be heading to Columbia, SC with the family. Putting the house on the market here in Atlanta and once it's gone we'll be looking around Lexington and Chapin for a nice house. Any advice or input is welcome, it'll be me, my wife, and our 11 month old son.

2. troutman

troutman Veteran Member

I can give you advise on this. Lexington is too crowded, and Chapin isn't. Feel free to pm me for more. Harmon

3. 57Plymouth

57Plymouth Veteran Member

Shoot me a pm. I live near Cola. in Blythewood. Where is your job town?

4. cheyenne383

cheyenne383 New Member

My job is on Sumter St right in down town Columbia... I'm ready for a commute ;) I'll shoot y'all PMs in the morning when I'm on my laptop, thanks for being willing to give input!

5. 57Plymouth

If you have a job on Sumter St, then you will go with the absolute worst traffic in town if you move to Chapin.

Please shoot me a pm. I'm a home inspector in town and I drive around all day long every day. I'm very familiar with the residential areas of Richland, Lexington, Fairfield, Newberry and Kershaw counties. I will be glad to help you with where to move so you don't sit in a car all day in malfunction junction trying to get to work and home. Especially since you are a car guy!

6. cheyenne383

cheyenne383 New Member

Thanks for the call 57Plymouth, sorry for the other guys I haven't had a chance to call yet. Between the new job, searching for a house, listing my current house in Atlanta, and trying to be a decent dad/husband it's been crazy!

Loving the job and Columbia seems like a pretty good place. My wife fell in love with a house in Lugoff NE of town and we're moving after the 4th of July... no more camper for me!!! I'm bringing the Camaro first and will slowly drag the Impala and 72 C10 after time allows, luckily my dad is cool about me stashing junkers at his place.

7. L_celle

L_celle Veteran Member

I'm actually moving to Columbia in January. I'll be on Ft. Jackson working for the SSI. Any good suggestions for as short a commute as possible? I need to rent since I already have one mortgage kicking my butt.

8. 57Plymouth

Forest Acres is right off the gate and there are plenty of rentals. I grew up in that area. It's got good schools and it's close to everything.