Music

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Fbird, Jun 28, 2020.

1. muscl car

muscl car Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

2. bfmgoalie

bfmgoalie Veteran Member

After seeing the list of "bands" mentioned above, I'm glad I was born in the 50s.......

3. Fbird

Fbird Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

ok...How to explain ...VH was MY intro into "rock"...then the following week I discovered IRON MAIDEN,,,then Priest..AH...7th-.8th grade those formative yrs.....and goes on to Metallica WITH DAVE!!.. hard to explain my soul attachment to this album.....particularly this song......:(
    somebody ...anybody....please help me understand?

yeah Stevie is still HOT!

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
    dave@ztech and biker like this.
  4. Mike N

Mike N Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

dave@ztech and BillyDean7173 like this.
  5. BillyDean7173

BillyDean7173 Veteran Member

I'd just chalk it up to being a musical quirk. For example, my favorite music is thrash but I love what I call '80s cheese like synth pop or new wave kind of stuff. The stuff that I used to make fun of when I was in high school. You simply could NOT like that stuff and be a metal head back then unless you wanted to get your ass kicked. Nowadays, it's like a guilty pleasure.

6. Patstuff28

Patstuff28 Member

How about some burnouts with your rock and roll?

7. xten

xten Veteran Member

Musical quirks...Just ran into one last month that has turned into an ear worm. I will preface this with the fact that I have never been a Freddy Mercury fan. I have never been a Queen fan. Too mainstream for me. I always listened to stuff nobody ever heard of, or weren't popular yet. I remember first time my dad saw Freddy Mercury. He said "He could bite a goat's ass through a chain link fence".
    I was sitting in the kitchen and wife was in the living room watching the end of Bohemian Rhapsody. Watched the Live Aid part and thought what a bunch of movie hype BS. So I googled Queen Live Aid. The real show was better than the movie IMO. Mercury in his "wife beater" T-shirt had over 70,000 people in the palm of his hand in Wembley stadium. Stage presence. Brian May shredding a guitar and no one really cared. If anyone can come up with a better front man, I'd like to know about it. This was 35 years ago. From about 4:10 on Radio Ga Ga and Hammer to fall are outstanding and he was sick as f*ck.

dave@ztech likes this.
  8. biker

biker Veteran Member

Ya, I have exactly the same thing going on, metal all the time in the shop for lifting and car stuff with my 30+ year old Kenwood amp and Klipsch speakers driven by my tablet. However, I have a soft spot for Fleetwood Mac and most of the 70's, 80's stuff that isnt metal.

Stevie still looks good from the neck up, but those big black dresses are a couple ax-handles wider in the caboose than they used to be.

9. dave@ztech

dave@ztech Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Then I got into gangster RAP, used to drive through the projects playing P.A.N. by Two live crew, I will not post it here,, HAA HA

10. 1972_Z-28

1972_Z-28 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

^^^^^:smokin:

dave@ztech likes this.