Music

BillyDean7173

Final Six
May 21, 2014
Hutto, TX
Saw them on this tour at a little club in San Antonio. Drummer Jeff Plate mailed me (on his dime!) a signed CD and 8x10 from the band along with a signed drum stick after there was a mix-up in the Meet and Greet line after the show (my signed CD insert was accidentally taken by another fan). Very thankful to him. Also, Mike Howe sounded just like he did back in 1989, more than 25 years after I first saw him with MC. This was the first song I heard when he got back in the band in 2015. Sad that he's gone. R.I.P. Mike

sandlapper

Veteran Member
Oct 9, 2020
SE CSA
Heard Ebony Eyes pop up on radio yesterday --- I can't recall last time I'd heard it.
Was a hit for Bob Welch some 45 years back --- sadly, Welch left some 10 years back.
May our Lord always Bless and Keep Bob+

xten

Veteran Member
Sep 24, 2014
Pittsburgh, Pa.
Heard Ebony Eyes pop up on radio yesterday --- I can't recall last time I'd heard it.
Was a hit for Bob Welch some 45 years back --- sadly, Welch left some 10 years back.

Just heard that the other day too. He was the main reason I liked early Fleetwood Mac.

Patstuff28

Veteran Member
Aug 23, 2020

I used to have Ebony Eyes on a mix tape, the next song was Special Girl. I must have wore that tape out.

sandlapper

Veteran Member
Oct 9, 2020
SE CSA
I also liked and respected mac's earlier guitarist-singer-writer, the long-troubled and late Peter Green. I used to try to play his "Oh Well."
May our Lord always Bless and Keep Peter+

xten

Veteran Member
Sep 24, 2014
Pittsburgh, Pa.
I also liked and respected mac's earlier guitarist-singer-writer, the long-troubled and late Peter Green. I used to try to play his "Oh Well."
May our Lord always Bless and Keep Peter+
Lotta problems with the band members. I wouldn't even attempt "Oh Well", lol, even if I was good!

Rustbucket350

Veteran Member
Sep 4, 2013
Oviedo, Florida
Saw them on this tour at a little club in San Antonio. Drummer Jeff Plate mailed me (on his dime!) a signed CD and 8x10 from the band along with a signed drum stick after there was a mix-up in the Meet and Greet line after the show (my signed CD insert was accidentally taken by another fan). Very thankful to him. Also, Mike Howe sounded just like he did back in 1989, more than 25 years after I first saw him with MC. This was the first song I heard when he got back in the band in 2015. Sad that he's gone. R.I.P. Mike

Nice story! Sucks about the ending. I was hoping to see Grim Reaper but Steve Grimmet died a few months ago and that's that. I did see Judas Priest last year at an open air fairgrounds concert. I wasn't sure what to expect since in videos Rob Halfords vocals seem aged. Dude. That did not sound anything like youtube videos. Even my girlfriend who's 6 years younger than me was like "HOLY S$!T!" Don't think she knew what a Priest concert was gonna be like. It was absolutely nuts.

Latest posts