Music

Rustbucket350

Veteran Member
Sep 4, 2013
Oviedo, Florida
But yeah Priest did everything I could have asked for live. Hellion, one shot at glory, painkiller, the sentinel (yep), turbo lover (more metal and turned up), and, my personal favorite. Hell Patrol.

I was there. The video is so compressed it does not do it justice. Halfords vocals were awesome.

BillyDean7173

Final Six
May 21, 2014
Hutto, TX
^That was a great record! The last one with Ross The Boss IIRC.

I was hoping to see Grim Reaper but Steve Grimmet died a few months ago and that's that. I did see Judas Priest last year at an open air fairgrounds concert.
Same here. I was supposed to see Grim Reaper back in 2020 with Krokus, Lita Ford, Dokken, Riot, etc. in San Antonio. Show got cancelled because of Covid and never rescheduled. Just now got my money back. Guess I'll never see Grim Reaper now. R.I.P. Steve Grimmett.

You're right about Halford. Saw Priest in Cedar Park back in March of this year and he nailed it. Not sure what he's doing lately but it's working. A friend in San Antonio saw the show down there a day or two later. Same thing. Nailed it. It was also cool to see Glenn play a few songs with them again.

Fbird

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Feb 12, 2011
atlanta, ga
About the only 2 others I can think of to give Halford competition on vocal range/style would be Ripper and Midnight (RIP)

1668697697213.png

Rustbucket350

Veteran Member
Sep 4, 2013
Oviedo, Florida
About the only 2 others I can think of to give Halford competition on vocal range/style would be Ripper and Midnight (RIP)

View attachment 150999

Man I forgot how good Crimson Glory is! Owens is an awesome singer but I didn't care for the songs that much on those albums.

Ralph Scheepers tried out to replace Halford. Kinda glad he didn't get it since he ended up bring us Primal Fear.

Last edited:

sandlapper

Veteran Member
Oct 9, 2020
SE CSA
Saw the newgrass "Reedy River String Band" a couple weeks back at a Very laid back brewery --- I'd heard their "Up On Blocks" on radio. They do have their stuff together and they're entertaining & funny as well. S'pose those hi-octane beers helped as well. If ya appreciate bluegrass/newgrass ya might find the humor in up on blocks too.

trust y'all had a great Thankgiving!

Latest posts