Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by Gasoholic, Apr 2, 2019.
Floor pan looks pretty good... did you coat both sides?
Yes. The underneath is done back to the rear wheel wells. I still need to finish above the axle and fuel tank. Inside trunk, and inside the tail section where the tail lights mount.
Got side tracked for a bit. Crazy times. No excuse though. Time to get back at it.
Working on my brake system.
Ended up deciding to go with the D52 kit from wilwood for the front. Acquired some new OE rotors. I have an aftermarket drum to disk upgrade kit for the rears. Have no idea who its made by. Got it from a friend who bought it from Camaro Central. Going to paint the calipers red to match the front calipers. Should work out pretty decent.
I also ordered the Holley oil pan kit. https://www.holley.com/products/ls_...dy_ls_swap_components/oil_pans/parts/VK090001
Hoping it fits.
The D52 kit looks pretty nice I think.
I have good clearance lines and calipers.
These are 16 inch stainless braid I got from Wilwood.
Started working on the rear end this week. Big plans for the 10 bolt
Kind of interesting. My OE rear end housing is the dirty rusted one on the bottom. This is from my 78. The top housing the one thats been powder coated I believe its from a 76. I notice everything is mostly the same except theres more webbing on the center housing on the 76.
I also noticed it looks like someone drilled the spring perches out on the 76. The holes are approx 1/2 where as the 78 holes that have not been drilled out are only approx 7/16ths? Is that a thing? Like drill out the mounts to accept a larger U-bolt and tee bolts?
In any case I'm thinking the 76 housing would be the stronger housing. I'll have to look into the larger diameter Ubolts and tee bolts.
I'm taking both housings in next week and dropping off at DTS in Detroit. I'm thinking I'm just going to have them do the whole thing set up. See what they think about which housing to use and all.
I talked to them about welding the axle tubes, half wraps on the spring perches, and adding c-clip eliminators. Its pricey but not near as bad as a crate rear end.
I'm going to get the 30 spline truetrac carrier and new axles. 1/2x20 by 2" 5 on 4 3/4 studs. 3:73 Richmond gears. Pinion upgrade with billet yoke 1350.
Got a sweet cover too. Thanks Mark I promise to send you a pic!!!
We had a truck that was totaled in an accident that was going to be sent to the scrap yard to be crushed. My boss told me I could take the battery cables and hardware stuff. This is like some really cool stuff. Its all top grade battery cable. The super flexible kind. I'm thinking I'm going to use this for my battery box and relocation.
This my sweet diff cover! I cant wait to get this stuff installed.
I painted the rear calipers last night at work. During my brake of course
Cleaning up the rear subframe section. Getting ready for the new Calverts split monos, Caltracs and 9 way adjustable rear shocks. Just got confirmation everything shipping out on monday. Shock mounts, shackles and bushings, spacers and angle shims, tried to think of everything I might need.
Also DTS called and said my diff housing is all welded up. Now just waiting for my axles and carrier and set it up.
I also got confirmed I'm signed up for Holley tier one training in July. We're going to Camaro fest and then I'm doing the class on tuesday and wed down in Bowling Green KY. Grandkids are coming and all. Way looking forward to this.
Gotta get busy lots of parts coming
Sounds like lots of fun... Congrats!
My oil pan came in. Had to get a different windage tray for fitment.
This motor looks pretty clean. I know I could do some work and get more out of it but its not really my plan at the moment. This motor is ready to run. With a shot of nitrous I think I can get 500 hp or better. And I wouldn't be surprised at all if I got quite a few runs on it just like it is.
The new windage tray is shorter.
Holley 302-2 extra clearance oil pan.
Also some of my Calverts parts came in. Still waiting for the split mono leafs.