My 1979 Camaro project

KEVS79

Veteran Member
Mar 3, 2008
GLADSTONE, MO
Hi, I have been lurking on the sight for a while and have posted a few questions. I figured I would try to post some pics of my Camaro. I am the second owner, my inlaws bought it new and gave it me a few months ago. It is a 305 auto, all basically original w/107,000 miles. So far I havent done much but start cleaning the wheels up. I bought some tires on craigslist and will be getting those mounted once the wheels are done. It needs some work(L/S frame rail, rust on botton of 1/4's and fenders, carpet, drivers seat bottom, oil leaks etc.) I plan on it being a long project that I will work on here and there, no hurry.

Hopefull the pics show up!!

P1060475-1.jpg

This is how it had been setting for the last 5-6 years

100_5499.jpg

This is right after I got it home

100_5486.jpg

100_5515.jpg

100_5524.jpg

100_5523.jpg

100_5711.jpg

before
100_5712.jpg

after

100_5726.jpg

Last edited:

EricsZ28

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Feb 28, 2006
Here and there...
KEVS79 said:
...my inlaws ... gave it me a few months ago...

Wow, nice score. So, really, why did you marry your wife ;)

It looks like a little TLC will go a long way with that car. The wheels turned out real nice.

Elpres

Veteran Member
Dec 18, 2005
Denmark
it looks good, i love those turbine wheels,, i would kill for those. :)

where do u live? :) ho ho

Last edited:

70sbudget

Veteran Member
Mar 21, 2008
san diego
funny, had a flashback to the wheels, actually, they used to be on this truck!
DSCN0468.jpg

good luck on the project. you are much farther ahead than i. lol

KEVS79

Veteran Member
Mar 3, 2008
GLADSTONE, MO
Well here is a small update...I got all of the wheels finished and the "new" tires mounted and balanced(BTW Wal-mart is the cheapest place...only 3.50 to mount carry in tires). Also got the gas tank removed.

100_5753.jpg

100_5756.jpg

100_5757.jpg

100_5754.jpg

Next step is to get rear end out so I can start reparing the frame on the drivers side and get everything cleaned up and painted/undercoated. Then plan on removing rear bumper and repairing rust on tail panel(?) under bumper.

Brian

Veteran Member
Aug 12, 1999
OHIO
Just a thought, I saw your workbench and tools in the back ground in one of the pictures. You may want to upgrade before getting into deep with the car. Not only is it a little short, but I’m not sure I would trust “little tikes” as a reputable tool maker LOL. Ditto on clearing the junk off the car, much easier to see what you have to work with. Keep us posted.

KEVS79

Veteran Member
Mar 3, 2008
GLADSTONE, MO
Brian said:
Just a thought, I saw your workbench and tools in the back ground in one of the pictures. You may want to upgrade before getting into deep with the car. Not only is it a little short, but I’m not sure I would trust “little tikes” as a reputable tool maker LOL. Ditto on clearing the junk off the car, much easier to see what you have to work with. Keep us posted.

Thats funny!!! I knew when I posted the pics that somebody would pick up on my son's work bench in the background!! He's 5 and loves helping dad out in the garage!!

The first pic w/the junk on it was how it had set at my inlaws for the past 5-6 years until I took it.