My 1979 Camaro Z28 Project!

Blu-By-U 79Z

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Feb 11, 2009
Kentucky
Time to get an update Matt!
Hey man! It’s been slow on progress. I’ve been going back through the back sides of the fenders, doors and trunk lid stripping and spraying fresh epoxy. I bought a different trunk lid because my original one had some rust coming through the underside.
Got the replacement in and fixed a few spots. Stripped it, epoxied the outside and treated the inside.

Had a home project come up so I’m going to be on pause for a week or 2 then back on it more. I’ll try to get updated pictures of what’s gone on when I can.

Andrew Talbert

Oct 24, 2019
Eden, NC
I've got to have this cluster. I already have the factory gauge cluster which I put in to change out the idiot cluster. Still can't understand why Chevrolet put a clock in it and no oil pressure gauge, but I put an oil pressure gauge in the clock's place. Ordered one for Chevrolet truck and it matched the Camaro gauge. This Dakota Digital looks very simple to Install

bondora68

Veteran Member
Dec 14, 2014
Mobile, AL
I've got to have this cluster. I already have the factory gauge cluster which I put in to change out the idiot cluster. Still can't understand why Chevrolet put a clock in it and no oil pressure gauge, but I put an oil pressure gauge in the clock's place. Ordered one for Chevrolet truck and it matched the Camaro gauge. This Dakota Digital looks very simple to Install
Andrew, Can you provide a link to the truck oil pressure gauge that you ordered please?

Blu-By-U 79Z

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Feb 11, 2009
Kentucky
So why not another yearly update lol.

Been slowly plugging away at the Camaro. Seam sealed the inside of the doors and trunk lid. Prepping them to spray epoxy and 2k primer on the inside of the jams.

Ordered some new acrylic sanding blocks so hopefully they will arrive soon. Working towards getting the hinges and doors jambed and getting the doors rehung on the car. Went ahead and bought one of the door lift tools for the floor jack to help save some headache at that point lol.

I had SamAmes do a rendering of my car to help push the vision of what I’m working towards.

B5320185-C39B-4C8D-A67F-D9DA1DBF3FAE.jpeg

I’ll try to get some decent pics of what has been done lately and post them up tomorrow.

J. Chris Davis

Veteran Member
Jul 13, 2004
Dixon, IL USA
Nice render! Good to know you are still around and plugging away at it. Mine is still in paint jail with no updates. Still waiting in line. So doing sound proofing research in the mean time and collecting stuff I need for when I get the Camaro back.

Latest posts