My 71 RS taught me a lesson today!

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by 71RS350, Jun 27, 2010.

1. 71RS350

71RS350 Moderator Staff Member Gold Member

hey guys.....looked at a GT500KR and 2011 mustang GT 5.0 today...i do like the solid rear axle setup they have decent body lines........and my camaro wouldnt crank into the ford dealership parking lot in front on the mustangs.......after 20 minutes it cranked right up....must be too much heat...or the GT500 mite scared it...whatever excuse...it was embarrassing....she didnt like me looking at mustangs ha!:bowtie:

Matt

2. brooksman9

brooksman9 Veteran Member

That'll teach ya! lol

3. BayAreaCamaro

BayAreaCamaro Member

I'll admit. I really like the new 2011 5.0 Mustangs. I wouldn't be surprised if I have one 6 months from now in fact. I don't think I'd get rid of the Camaro though.

4. dcozzi

dcozzi Veteran Member

For that kind of $, put half of it into your car and have a reliable LS based car, A/C, a 5 speed and drive it forever. That's the biased side of me talking.

My buddy has a Shelby with 500HP. His car is so insulated from what is going on when you get on it that it takes the some of the thrill out of it when you hit the gas. Fast car though. I also have to admit, nothing feels like a new car. That's the realist talking.

5. FreedomPenguin

FreedomPenguin Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I want one not gonna lie, in next 5 years i will own one. yep. gonna save up

6. LayZ

LayZ Veteran Member

LOL way back in the day for me anyway, a friend was looking at the new 88 mustang. We drove up in my 81 camaro looking and sounding mean. Rear jacked up, engine sticking out of the hood and the duals sticking out of the sides with the big red cherry bomb mufflers.

Salesman said, that it would beat my camaro or he would give the car to my friend. I replied, "Don't make promises, because I think my friend is taking home a free rustang. " Sales manager came over and said no way we can't condone street racing.