My 73 Z Type Lt

Kleineken

Jan 26, 2016
Detroit, MI
So good to see you taking it back to 5 spoke wheels and rally stripes. I left my front bumper on my '73 Z and it's cool to look at yours. Think you'll put the chin spoiler on it? I really think it sets off the look of the front end. Great resto!

bodymanbill

Veteran Member
Feb 1, 2007
South Park Pa
So good to see you taking it back to 5 spoke wheels and rally stripes. I left my front bumper on my '73 Z and it's cool to look at yours. Think you'll put the chin spoiler on it? I really think it sets off the look of the front end. Great resto!
thanks, I know the stripes aren't correct for the Lt but wouldn't of been happy without them. I keep going back and forth on the spoiler, had one originally but kinda like the look without it for now

Auntie Ale

Nov 1, 2016
View attachment 65996 View attachment 65997 View attachment 65998 View attachment 65999 Haven't really posted any good pics of my 73 before, figure after a 5 year full resto it's about time. It was a pretty unmolested 55K all # matching car but a pretty rusty Original Virginia car that I found on CL less than 5 minutes from my house. Not really a fan of the Type Lt so left off the emblems and no black rocker panels and had to add the Z Stripes. Everything on the car is painted shiny in the engine compartment and on the undercarriage ( just how I like it) don't care if it's not correct. Still have some work on the interior but had to take it around the block a few times before the weather goes to crap.
Beautiful Car!!! Love what you've done to it-big thumbs up!
Alma

mallard

Veteran Member
Oct 3, 2013
SK, Canada
Just a matter of personal taste but I think the chin spoiler looks best on the RS front end, the non RS looks better without.

Tokyo Torquer3

Veteran Member
Oct 14, 2003
NJ
Nice!.. Beautiful detailing of chassis.. I had same model and same color in the late 1970's. Any interior pics? Front end may need to come down a little to better balance the stance.

bodymanbill

Veteran Member
Feb 1, 2007
South Park Pa
Nice!.. Beautiful detailing of chassis.. I had same model and same color in the late 1970's. Any interior pics? Front end may need to come down a little to better balance the stance.
thank u, most of the interior isn't in yet, dyeing the door panels today. The pics outside were without the front bumper on so it has come down a little but those are the original 55 k mile front springs. They were in good shape so just blasted and painted them.

bodymanbill

Veteran Member
Feb 1, 2007
South Park Pa
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Dying my trim panels today, hope to get them on this weekend. Were in pretty decent shape just needed freshened up a little

bodymanbill

Veteran Member
Feb 1, 2007
South Park Pa
Thsnks Billy . Yes Mcune hooked me up with one, not the Z28 one your looking for but still a 350 one, going to be changing out the Holley for the Q jet this winter and adding the EGR just got to get the air cleaner base figured out first .