My 77 Camaro... i'm new

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by nickpauls13, Feb 5, 2012.

1. nickpauls13

nickpauls13 New Member

Hey, this is my 77 camaro that i picked up a couple weeks ago. I'm 21, and fairly new to it all. I'll be looking for a lot of advice in the future from you pros.

I feel like I got a pretty good deal on her. There are a few little rust spots here and there, but most of them should be an easy fix. There is one pretty nasty spot though on the the inside, and bottom side of the passenger door. Its all pretty bubbly and rotting out. Looks like the tool who painted the car just painted over it. Not really sure what to do about that yet. Definitely going to want to repaint in the future, as the current paint job is pretty hard core orange peeled, and just an overall low quality job. Anyways, let me know what you think, and enjoy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. americanhandy

americanhandy Member

Very nice start would like to see what is under that paint looks pretty straight from the pics. have you taken a frig magnet to it, good luck and have fun with it.

3. nickpauls13

nickpauls13 New Member

i'm going to be completely honest, i don't know what a frig magnet is. But i will post some closer pics of the paint.

4. Philly

Philly Veteran Member

Welcome...Nice car! I think he meant fridge magnet or any magnet really. If you hold a magnet to the body it will stick if theres no bondo. If its gots lotsa bondo...she no sticky. Capeesh?

anyways..looks like a solid project. Whats the plans?

5. Harold Simmons

Harold Simmons Member

Nice ride

6. nickpauls13

nickpauls13 New Member

I'm trying to figure that out right now. I'm for sure on a budget, but i've heard a lot of different things about what I can do. I heard that some of the first things i can do to get more power out of this is swap the heads for the old 202's, and get a new cam. So far all i've done is just the general checkup stuff; new trans filter, weather stripping, repaint gauge bezel, etc.

My end goal is to make it a fairly solid DD, though i'm willing to sacrifice a bit of reliability to make it quick. I've heard that the major setback with these is with the high gearing of the th350 trans. I'm not really sure if there is any cheap way to get around that.

I'd like to make it more of a pro-touring directed car rather than a straight liner in the long run. Any advice on how to acheive that on a budget is welcome.

Thanks for the comments guys.

7. aviatorRON

aviatorRON New Member

Look's like your off to a good start....Enjoy!!

8. brooksman9

brooksman9 Veteran Member

Welcome 77 brother. Nice looking ride. Of course we needs some more shots. As always...BBFL

9. GOLF72

GOLF72 Veteran Member

WELCOME TO NASTY
    I love your car and I really like the color. :cool:

10. rvalley

rvalley Veteran Member

if your looking for an easy power adder get some vortec heads and intake. nice looking 77.