Maybe someone can answer this question. I have the upper and lower control arm bolts loose still. I know it will be a giant pain to get to those lower control arm bolts when the car is on the ground and settled. I thought I read that someone said I can do the preload with a floor jack under the control arm to where it is just raised off of the floor jack. Is this OK to do? Will it give me proper preload on each side? I was thinking about doing this tonight while I waited for the spacers to get here.
EDIT: I uppers the uppers torqued and went ahead and put the car back up in the air and put the jack under the tire. Looks like it gave me the proper preload from when it was on the ground. So I went ahead and torqued them and got all of bushing greased.
Progress was put on hold for a week. I went to install my shocks today and the bottom mount for the shock does not line up to any of the holes in the lower control arm. Does anyone have a reason or is that part interchangeable on the shock and where would I get one from? I'll be calling Dave on Monday if I don't find an answer in the mean time. I didn't want to bother him during the weekend about it. With the rainy weather I haven't been in a hurry.
EDIT: I've been doing some looking and I think I'll just modify my shock mount and I think that will take care of the problem. The mount holes on the shock are closed and I think I'll just open them on the ends. Here is a pick of what I am talking about.
I've been trying to find what I can about the master cylinder. I still have the disc/disc with 1 1/8" bore. I was reading that you need a 1" bore master cylinder and it has more line pressure. Is there a problem using the 1 1/8" bore master? Will it just not work? I still have to bleed the brakes yet.
Bled the brakes last Thursday, but need to get the wheel alignment done before I really drive it anywhere. I was able to move it around my drive way and the brakes seems to work just fine. Won't know till I get out on the road at a decent speed. So since I'm waiting to get that done I went ahead and removed my headliner to redo that. Just want to recover it to hide the holes from the shoulder belts and the sun visors that I removed. I also decided before it goes in that I'm going to replace the rest of the steering components with Moog. I already have an IROC steering box I put on a couple of years ago. Should be able to get all of this done before it goes in next week.
Got the moog steering parts painted and installed over the weekend. Got the headliner glued on to the board and ready to be trimmed and installed. Alignment set up for Thursday. Going out of town this weekend so I won't get to enjoy it much till next weekend.