My 80 Z Clone (Pic Heavy)

J. Chris Davis

Veteran Member
Jul 13, 2004
Dixon, IL USA
Got the car back from the alignment shop this morning. Haven't been able to drive it much yet, but everything seems good. I still have a lean from left to right. I think I might try to redo my shackles and see if that helps any.

20150521_094116.jpg

20150521_094137.jpg

20150521_094145.jpg

20150521_094158.jpg

Last edited:

J. Chris Davis

Veteran Member
Jul 13, 2004
Dixon, IL USA
Went to install the upper billet grille and of course none of the holes line up. So I've been emailing back and forth the company who sold it to me all week. Figured out they did not send me the brackets to mount it and can not get them to me either. They did give me a 40% refund though so I'm not out much on these now and I will try to locate similar ones or make my own and get it installed. The lower grille will be fine once I drill 3 new holes for it.

Wheeler79

Jan 7, 2013
Vancouver,BC
Its the same billet grill as I bought, I had to bend and manipulate the brackets to make them work, be careful around you paint on the bumper, I knicked the corner of mine.
I know what your going through!!

J. Chris Davis

Veteran Member
Jul 13, 2004
Dixon, IL USA
Good to know I'm not the only one with this problem. :eek: I still have to come up with some brackets since they aren't going to send me any. Luckly here with my car if I damage the paint I'm not too worried. The car really needs a paint job. Spiderweb cracks all over that front bumper cover.

57Plymouth

Veteran Member
Jul 31, 2001
Blythewood, SC
I had to make two of the brackets from scratch and tweak all the others. I also had to trim mine down to fit into the opening. It's a pretty lousy piece, but it looks good once it's in place.

J. Chris Davis

Veteran Member
Jul 13, 2004
Dixon, IL USA
I figured I would start with the hardware store for brackets. It fits in the opening pretty good actually, but it goes way to far inside the upper grille area due to it needed spacer/brackets.

J. Chris Davis

Veteran Member
Jul 13, 2004
Dixon, IL USA
So I'm putting the grille project on hold till winter. I have a new set of spark plug wires form Taylor coming since one of mine got on the header and melted due to my wire seperators breaking. So I picked up some MSD seperators that shouldn't melt or break. Looks like I'm going to be doing the horrible door hinge project soon. The driver door really needs it and I'm starting to notice a little sag in the passenger door now too. Not sure when I'll start this, but it looks like that is next on the list.

J. Chris Davis

Veteran Member
Jul 13, 2004
Dixon, IL USA
Haven't done much with the car lately. I did replace the spark plug wires with some Taylor wires that I cut to length and routed I think a little cleaner than the other premade wires were.

20150721_192744.jpg

20150721_192727.jpg

20150721_192750.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts