My ACC carpet sheds

Chuck71RS

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Nov 24, 2012
Houston, Texas
I bought ACC cutpile by the yard after returning the poor quality ACC molded.

The by-the-yard is covered with carpet clumps. Brushing my had over the carpet, I get more clumps. The molded set did not have this problem

NYLongshot

Oct 13, 2014
Boston MA
Is ACC the best place to get the carpet? Are there any alternatives? Id like to get the molded carpet but the reviews are certainly mixed..........

[email protected]

Veteran Member
Sep 30, 2009
Ocala, FL
ACC is pretty much the monopoly these days. Over the years, they've pretty much purchased/absorbed all of their competitors.. Regarding "shedding", I don't think the carpet really sheds.. I think it's just the residual "mess" left from the actual cutting/shaving process (i.e. "cut-pile"). When they mold the carpet, they might go to the trouble to quickly vacuum much of that away. But when you buy by the yard, you're just getting the raw material as it comes off the roll. I've been selling cut-pile carpets all my life, and I always remember them coming out of the box with plenty of loose fuzz everywhere. Once installed, one good and thorough pass with the vacuum, and you should be good to go.

krabben1

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
May 16, 2007
( . Y . )Delco
I used molded ACC in my 72.I had a slight fitment problem due to the 4 speed hump in the floor.If only they wouldve left a little extra,lol.No need to cut it so tight.

SteveUK

Jul 30, 2019
Warminster U.K.
Just received my ACC, via Camaro Central, shipped to UK, took it out of box to help the folds relax, and notice no cut out for the auto floor shift, I though ACC's came with this part cut out. I ordered the right one, but on the box it says without. God knows where I'm gonna keep it until I'm ready to fit, I think my wife might have a suggestion, lol

20200203_114410.jpg

20200203_115253.jpg

20200203_115141.jpg

Last edited:

SteveUK

Jul 30, 2019
Warminster U.K.
When I said my wife might have a suggestion where to put the carpet, I wasn't expecting this
20200208_132639.jpg
the spare room, she was never this helpful with Supra parts, lol

tom3

Veteran Member
Aug 1, 1999
ohio
At least she didn't put you in the spare room. Been close to that a couple times around here over the years.

Latest posts