My ACC carpet sheds

Discussion in 'Interior Restoration' started by Chuck71RS, Jan 23, 2020.

1. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

The carpets do not come cut for the shifter hole nor any other holes like seat anchors. The carpets also come long.

You have to custom fit it to be perfect. This is the way it should be. I actually used an auto carpet with my T56 swap car.

SteveUK likes this.
  2. Rick@NPD

[email protected] Veteran Member

That is correct...

A carpet is an enormous and floppy unit, and just one 1/4" tuck or adjustment in one corner of the floor, can exponentially toss the holes on the opposite corner of the floor/carpet off-target by an inch or more. Every install goes a bit differently, and what if your car has had floor pan repair or replacement in the past? If they made things supposedly "convenient" for installation by pre-locating and punching every last hole, invariably, 90% of the time, 90% of the installs, you'd be cursing those hole locations and having to egg-out or totally relocate many of them.

Anything that is "large" is difficult to pre-locate holes and mounting positions, because of the math/geometry equations running from point A to point B via point C., and minor deviations from one car to another.