My apologies

Discussion in 'Rader Classics' started by Lrader99, Sep 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lrader99

Lrader99 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I apologize to everyone who has made a current order and not yet received. Start up companies are often plagued with not enough of something, be it capital, investable time or desire to move forward. Unfortunately lately we have just been crippled with a serious of unfortunate events revolving around family. Family is extremely important to me and I tend to give more time than I can really afford to helping other people. I realize that this hurts me and the business especially with this business in its' infancy and steps have been taken to get this ship back on course.

To solve this problem I hired 2 people this week. 1 person to help with the day to day operations to keep the company afloat( light mechanics, collision, restoration work) while I spend more time devoted to R&D. The second person will help strictly help with the new products, mainly devoting time to lenses and LED components. This will fill the open orders and allow for a stock of parts to be developed.

It will take approximately 2 weeks to get everything back on track and these new people trained. During this time I urge you all to please be patient. As soon as this one man show is back in operation we will be able to achieve full production strength in an extremely short manner of time.

We will also be attending 2 shows this fall. As of now those shows are Perry and Moultrie swap meets during the second and 3 weeks of Nov. These shows are in middle/South Ga so if you are in the area come by and see us:

Thanks for you support so far!

2. Da-bigguy

Da-bigguy Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

No worries from me! I'm in no rush for the lights I bought as I have a lot of work to get done on my car before I will be ready for them.

Good luck with the company and I hope it keeps growing for you! I know family is important so I can respect that. I hope everything is alright now.

3. Lrader99

We are un-buried so to speak as of today. Production is ramping back up and new products are in prototyping phases.

4. Lrader99

The statement has been made that is hard to watch new products being continually developed and pushed when there are still open orders out there.

Let me say this. It takes 20 minutes to mix and pour silicone for the molds...It takes 24 hours for the silicone to cure. Thats 23 hours and 40 minutes I have to do other things.

The resin is similar. It takes 6 minutes to make a resin cast: 3 hours to cure in a pressure chamber then 3 days to rest at room temp, and then 3 heat cycles over the next 2 days. Again, that's lots of time in between to do other things.

If I just sat around while parts were curing and molds were making then I wouldn't be getting anything done. Instead I am devoting time towards about 15 projects all at the same time since I can only do a little here and there on each while they cure, paint dry, molds cook, resin set, etc...

We are on track and on schedule...as much as there can be a schedule. Molds are being made, product developed and parts made. It takes time but we are getting there and will be caught up soon. As soon as I am production stable I will be hiring more people to help with production volumes while I concentrate on product development.

So far pretty much all I have done is pour and pour and pour money into this thing. I am not about to let it fail right when we are so close to doing something great!!!

Last edited: Sep 28, 2013
  5. biggjay96x

biggjay96x Veteran Member

Hey hows it coming along?

6. Lrader99

Its coming along nicely...right now I just need time to get home and do things.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.