My bosses humor level....

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by gramps, Aug 20, 2020.

1. Shizzle

Shizzle Veteran Member

We had gotten new computers in the office a few years back I set everyone one up with a “personalized theme”. Desktop background, screen savers, those little sounds windows makes if you click on something, do something wrong, etc.
    Justin Beiber, David Hasselhoff, Hello Kitty, Golden Girls, Beavis & Butthead, stupid stuff like that, and then password protected everything so they couldn’t change it.

when my cousin worked here, he hated the smell of the Christmas tree air fresheners. I bought a stack and would hide them in & around his desk. It took him a while to find the one inside the PC by the fan.

2. Da-bigguy

Da-bigguy Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

In my old office, we would head out frequently, either offshore in the Gulf of Mexico or even overseas to work and our offices would be left unattended for weeks if not months on end. One year, one of the junior engineers who was offshore right before Christmas, ended up with everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, in his office wrapped in Christmas wrapping. The pictures on his walls, his computer monitor, telephone base, telephone hand set, phone cord, blotter, mouse-pad, stapler, desk, chair......etc! Another time when one of the senior guys took vacation, we turned his office pink. All the printouts and pictures on his walls, reprinted on pink paper. His telephone ringtone was changed to the theme song for My Little Pony, his name on the phone was changed to Rainbow Dash. Pink confetti and sparkly bits spread all over his office and pink stringers hanging from the ceiling. I even bought pink covers for the fluorescent light bulbs in his ceiling so the lighting in his office was also pink hued. Somewhere I have pics of it saved, I will look for them.

3. muscl car

muscl car Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

When I was active duty I remember a prank that was played on our squadrons CO . His staff thought it would be fun by filling his office with hundreds of red and yellow balloons . He arrived back to headquarters after a week of Carrier quals

The moment he walked into his office he went on full Drill instructor mode and was screaming and yelling and cussing . I walked into the squadrons office to pic up my mail when this happened and the look on his staff was funny

Last edited: Aug 21, 2020
  4. tom3

tom3 Veteran Member

Worked in a power plant. Be surprised what fun you can have with grease, especially filthy black grease. But we had fun when the boss got a new AC unit. We reworked the window and got it all in really nice. This was way back when they first had remotes for AC. Yep. We'd walk by and jack up the temp. Worked really well when he was in there asleep on a hot afternoon. He finally figured out there was supposed to be a remote with it.

5. Fbird

Fbird Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

i always like getting those that DISH it but can't take it....had one guy who would whine about EVERYTHING...(a bit OCD)....so I taped out around his bench...3" yellow tape...made a sign "designated SAFE space" ...he actually thought is was pretty funny....after he cursed out XXXXX (someone else...lol)

6. The Champ

The Champ Veteran Member

When I was stationed on Germany, one of my employees (Ray) was awaiting his orders to process out and go home. His actual date of separation was just after Christmas, but it was standard procedure to give GI's an early out so they could be home for Christmas.

I ran the message center, the print shop and the classified courier service for the HQ's. I had the personnel division alert me when his orders came in and had them hand carried to me. They had him going home on December 10th, I changed the date to December 26th before printing them.

Then I had them put into the appropriate message center box to be distributed as necessary - knowing that Ray was checking all orders that came through to find his. He was so excited when he saw his orders - until he read the date...

I let him go "off" on the army for about 2 - 3 minutes before I handed him his real orders. After calling me an SOB, he gave me a hug...

7. tom3

tom3 Veteran Member

I remember well that our company clerk, along with the supply clerk, was treated really well in our outfit.

8. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

When I worked in the refinery portion of the plant, I was straight days. The night operators would sometimes doze a bit. Usually around 2:00 A.M. There was a text to speech program on the office terminal. I programmed it to start talking at 2:02. One operator fell out of the chair as he was superstitious and there is a cemetery next to the plant.

My favorite though is a bit of tape holding the button down on a desk phone.