My daughters 67 Camaro project...

Discussion in 'Oklahoma Region' started by CamaroDoc, Apr 25, 2018.

1. CamaroDoc

CamaroDoc Veteran Member

Well, My seat dilemma has taken an unbelievable turn. I have been posting the build thread on another, more local, website ( www.DuckusCrapus.com ) and another member on there actually has the matching front seats to the rears. They are not Camaro seats but they did go to the car. Mopar maybe? They need some repair work but I'll see if I can save them. Just too cool.... Here is a pic he sent me today...

[​IMG]

2. BillyDean7173

BillyDean7173 Psychopathy Red

Since you have the matching front seats now, might as well try to save them and the rear. Pretty funky, but definitely unique. Certainly add a bit of flavor to the interior. If your daughter likes them, I say go for it.

3. CamaroDoc

CamaroDoc Veteran Member

Yeah, I forwarded that pic to her and she's pretty stoked about it. The back seats are dirty but in good shape. I should get the buckets in hand next weekend and will decide then, how best to save them first hand. Might try some of that "miracle" vinyl repair stuff...lol. This isn't going to be a show car so it doesn't have to be perfect. I still haven't uncovered the car yet but I'm getting closer to it. It's hiding from me... You can only see the core support and the front tires. The left front has blown out from sitting. I should have it dug out sometime tomorrow. I would have had it done today but I was helping my brother assemble his Pontiac 400. You can see some of the new sheet metal hanging on the wall on the right.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
  4. CamaroDoc

CamaroDoc Veteran Member

Ok, I found it... Cleaned it off, changed out the flat, and pulled it half way to the door. I'm going to put up some high shelving closer to the door, so I think I'll just let it sit where it is for the time being... I did get a chance to kind of re-inventory the inside of the car. It seems that I still do have some parts that I thought were missing... :D :D :D

[​IMG]

BillyDean7173 likes this.
  5. gutted72

gutted72 Veteran Member

I've been in there and that was no easy task to get that car uncovered. Congrats Britt. What happened to the Camaro that was in front of it and the 1000 parts that were stacked all around it?

6. CamaroDoc

CamaroDoc Veteran Member

You are thinking of my pro street 69. It's in the main shop with my 84 Z project and a pair of 73's. This 67 is in a smaller 12'x32' unit in another building. The shop is still pretty jammed up. Actually not "still jammed up". More like "jammed up again"... :rolleyes: Whatever was in front of it was probably a parts car and went away. The 84 is in front right now. I still have the 72 as well...

The Toy Shop is a busy place.... Been helping my brother with his 'Bird quite a bit, too.

Here's an old pic of the 69:
    [​IMG]

71RSLS likes this.
  7. gutted72

gutted72 Veteran Member

I saw the 67 before. It's in the unit around the corner.

8. CamaroDoc

CamaroDoc Veteran Member

Yeah. Anyway, I talked to Bobby Treadwell today, (Bodies by Bobby) and he says he can get it in about 3 weeks from now to fix the hack job on the quarters. Quoted me $500 - $600 on it, and it will only take a day or two... No paint or finish work. I'll handle all that. Someone in the past hung new lower quarter sections and a new tail panel but they just set them on top of the original quarters and stitched them down. Looks like @#*%* ! ! ! This isn't going to be a show car but damn...

9. gutted72

gutted72 Veteran Member

I hope you got a really good deal on it cause it' going to cost You to fix all that.

10. CamaroDoc

CamaroDoc Veteran Member

It shouldn't be too bad. Like I said, he quoted me 5 to 6 hundred (10 hours) to re set the quarters and that's all he's going to do. He's not replacing anything. Just cutting the panels loose, lining them up and rewelding them. I need to get some good close-up shots of the hack job before it goes in. Already planning out the engine package and shopping around for tire options. The wiring is going to be fun since there isn't any... I have a new windshield. This one is badly scratched from a messed up blade. I may be able to save the headliner. It's still in good shape. I do have to locate a console, though. Bill Rose may have one I can rehab.