My daughters 67 Camaro project...

Discussion in 'Oklahoma Region' started by CamaroDoc, Apr 25, 2018.

1. CamaroDoc

CamaroDoc Veteran Member

I found a correct 67-68 wiper switch knob at a swap meet this morning. Also I finally ID'd the bucket seats. I originally thought they were Mopar. Turns out they are '70 Javelin/ AMX seats. The release lever on the side was the giveaway. Now, I need to locate a set of the plastic seat back shells as ours are missing. If anyone knows of any or someone who might, drop me a note. Thanks... Doc

[​IMG]

Here is a good pic showing the seat back shells..

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
    BillyDean7173 likes this.
  2. CamaroDoc

CamaroDoc Veteran Member

I've managed to locate a set of the Javelin seat back shells in an old salvage, but I'm going to have to buy the whole seats to get them. At least they're black and look to be in good condition. I set up at the Pate swap meet at the Texas Motor Speedway this weekend. Sold off a few parts and found some new black door panels, quarter side panels, and a new headliner for the car. I also added to my free sunburn from last weekend, at Kellyville... :rolleyes: Oh well, It was fun anyway... :D

Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
    71RSLS and jeff swisher like this.
  3. gutted72

gutted72 Veteran Member

Did you at least take a few more parts to Texas than you had in kellyville?
    Brit found something else that is still free, but it will eventually cost you. Ever consider some sunscreen o_O

4. CamaroDoc

CamaroDoc Veteran Member

Most of what I took to Kellyville was not Camaro related and I sold most of it. I left the canopy at home because it was supposed to be windy...
    I took primarily Camaro stuff to Pate. Took a lot of small stuff since I had to share my buddy's trailer, and table space was limited. I also picked up a small truckload of 74 stuff from a past customer when I got there, Saturday morning. The spaces were pretty full. We did take the canopy and a small storm tried to blow it away, Saturday, even with 80 lbs of weights on it. We had to add tie downs to a couple of rat motor heads to stabilize it... Luckily it didn't rain on us and didn't last long. We are already working on a better plan for next year.

5. budro6968

budro6968 Veteran Member

6. RS1979

RS1979 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

How's the '67 coming along?

7. CamaroDoc

CamaroDoc Veteran Member

I have located a nice set of the bucket seat shells in an old salvage but haven't picked them up yet. I'm going to have to buy the whole seats to get them but they are black and in excellent condition.
    Today, I stumbled across a small treasure, without even looking for it... Scored a console for the 67. It's really rough, has some extra holes here and there, and the lid is rusted stuck in this half open position, but restoration is what I do. I can fix it...[/B] :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. RS1979

RS1979 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Good score

9. CamaroDoc

CamaroDoc Veteran Member

I finally got the seat back shells on the 8th. I was unable to get the whole seats out so they let me slide and just pull the backs. Charged me $25 for the pair. They have some minor issues but nothing I can't deal with...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
    Smokey15 likes this.