My daughter's Camaro is leaning after the leaf spring job.

hd_cat

Veteran Member
Sep 6, 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
Okay, here are the pics I have so far. The front of the BumbleBee shows it with jack stands under the front frame. It's still leaning front and back. I know it looks like there's a floor jack involved but it's not touching anything. The driver's side shows how low the wheels and suspension dropped when it is hanging in the air. Then compare it to how far the suspension is hanging on the passenger's side

The '79 Z/28 had a broken spring in the front, it was in three pieces. Moog replacements were found on eBay for about $50, then the work snowballed into a full build, I found bad brakes, bushings, etc. Good luck

Coadster32

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
Milford,CT
I've changed my rear leaves in the past, and had a similar issue. Bought the "matched springs" on-line, and figured one was slightly different than the other. I ended up making a drop down shackle for the rear on one side, and it corrected the issue.

As far as the safety of the front coil springs go, I'm with Biker. If you use two jacks, one jack stand, one jack, etc. you can lower the control arm to almost no pressure on an uncompressed spring. Then, either pry it out, or a tool, (like the unpopular one), should work without issue. I had to take my header off of one side to be able to swing the A-arm down far enough. With a bit of caution and common sense, you should be able to walk away with all 10 toes and fingers.:cool:

SteveSS

Jan 18, 2016
Colorado Springs
Okay guys, here's where we are. When this first happened I called a local shop on got on their waiting list to have it looked at. Yesterday was that day. My daughter and I took the Bumblebee down to have it inspected. I explained what was going on and he was going to check it out on the lift. He says it's the front springs. So my daughter picked it up and magically there was no charge. Never underestimate the power of a pretty girl

. ky1.jpg

Latest posts