My first car (74 Camaro) project

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by 74_Camaro, Feb 15, 2010.

1. 74_Camaro

74_Camaro Veteran Member

Hey everone, I'm new and I just got my first car a few weeks ago. It's a base model 1974 Camaro 350 4 speed. I hope to clone it into a z28 sometime later. It's not much of a project, but there are a few little things that I will be changing on it. The car was just put together in September and had not been running before then for a long time. Let me know what you think. I hope you guys can help me along the way with any questions I have.

Thanks!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(And yes I do plan on removing the flame engraved valve covers and air cleaner)

-Lucas

EDIT: 7/15/2017- Going through the thread now that Photobucket crashed and replacing the images with Imgur links. Please be patient and message me if you want specific pictures!

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
  2. dioismyhero

dioismyhero Veteran Member Gold Member

A Camaro And A Chevelle! Someone i Can Relate Too!

3. conrracing

conrracing Veteran Member

Looks like a nice Camaro! You say there car was just put together? What alll was done to it?

4. 74_Camaro

74_Camaro Veteran Member

Yep, I have the Camaro, and my dad has 2 Chevelles. Which means I have to park in the driveway :(. Oh well I'll get used to it.

5. Yellow Jacket

Yellow Jacket Veteran Member

Thats a VERY clean 74! May I ask how much you paid for it?

6. 74_Camaro

74_Camaro Veteran Member

Yes the car was just put together. The paint, carpet, and new buckets were put in. New wheels and tires. The engine is an 86 engine with 200 miles since it was completely rebuilt with new everything (including a thumper cam). Also the clutch and flywheel are brand new. Also new weatherstripping everywhere. I'm sure there's even more that I can't think of and don't know of.

Thanks for the replies!!

7. conrracing

conrracing Veteran Member

wondering the same thing, jacket! lol

8. Paul1979

Paul1979 Veteran Member

Looks like a very clean car. Are those purple flames in the first pic very noticeable in real life? I can barely see them in the photo.

9. motionwannabe

motionwannabe Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nice car!!!

10. 74_Camaro

74_Camaro Veteran Member

I paid 5.5K for the car and a truckload of parts. How did I do? They said they had put more then 8.5K into it and they just put it together, they didn't gather any of the parts. Also Paul1979 nice eye!! The flames aren't too noticable but they are color changing. If the car is in the sun they are a lot more noticable. I wouldn't have put them on myself but I wanted a 70's muscle car with a 4 speed and this is the only resonable one I found, and I looked for 6+ months. But they also said the paint for the flames was $100 a pint!!!! I was shocked, anyway they will have to stay for quite a while since the paint is in good condition and I'm not too worried about it, I'm getting more used to them.

Thanks for all the replies!!

(PS I forgot to ad above that they replaced the lower quarters and fenders, so there's no rust!!:D )