My First Car - A 1970 Camaro Story

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by flybye70ss, Jul 4, 2017.

1. flybye70ss

flybye70ss Veteran Member

I think so. I bored the brackets holes wider so i could position better. I think the real culprit is the spacing between the catch and the core support but that was a real pita to assemble. I just got new door strikers in today. I did not know that the loose ring is not normal. The doors shut better than new now.

2. flybye70ss

Small update on the car.... Did a spring tune up and changed the oil, adjusted the timing, carb and lashed the valves. I replaced a leaky valve cover gasket and made sure everything is tight from the past year of driving.

I also installed the Wilwood 4 piston brakes. I will be honest and say that I was initially disappointed in the rotor size (11", same as stock). However, after I bled the system and corrected a right rear disc pad issue I am thoroughly impressed. My car has never stopped better AND since the new hubs and setup weigh literally nothing, the weight at the front tires is noticeably improved.

Next mods are new seats and possibly a sniper efi system.

3. mrfleet12

mrfleet12 Veteran Member

Just looked over your build thread, looks good, like the choice of wheels, I have the same ones on mine.. Can you give me a little more info on your break setup, looking to upgrade mine at some point..

Thanks
    Fleet

4. flybye70ss

Attached Files:

5. mrfleet12

mrfleet12 Veteran Member

Thanks for the info, there rears are what I've been looking at, I'll look into the fronts.

6. ruthlessz28

ruthlessz28 Veteran Member

nice build very nice car

flybye70ss likes this.
  7. flybye70ss

Finally got the door panels on since I am in quarantine. I took it out to test and nothing fell off so now I am looking at EFI & new seats as funds allow.

https://i.imgur.com/ahjaEL2.mp4

Gasoholic and mrfleet12 like this.
  8. 1972_Z-28

1972_Z-28 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Very nice and sounds great!!!

9. flybye70ss

I have been in quarantine; what a perfect time for a Sniper EFI install. I put Painless wiring in a long time ago so I got a new box of Powerbraid to re-loom everything. Re doing all of that is a job in itself. I had to pull the header to put the O2 sensor in. I put the return bung in the sender, but now I really wish I had a drop in pump and pickup. Oh well, upgrades for later.

I still need to mount the fuel pump, I want to make a bracket and hang it just in front of the gas tank and plumb in line with the pickup output. I looked for some pictures here, but photobucket has broken most of the old images :( Anyways, here are some quick progress pictures. Hoping to have it back running by the end of the weekend. Stay safe everyone!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

mrfleet12 likes this.
  10. flybye70ss

Small update, I have the rear fuel system now mocked and mounted. I chose to build a bracket to hang off of the tank strap just below the tank. It hangs really tight to the tank and is not low, and I made sure there was a plate in front in case any road debris is kicked up. My new return line is another pre-bent hard line that is clamped with the stock (now return) hard line. To correctly mount the front line, I need to remove the passenger right brake line. :( All of my electrical connections are re-loomed in the engine compartment as well.

Almost done, I just need to button up the front fuel line, final bolt check and see if this thing fires up without catching on fire!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]