My New $9466.00 Car

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by The Champ, Sep 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 73Camaro383

73Camaro383 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Still trying to figure out the difference between a hyundai and a Sonic. There are plenty of cars out there less than 20g and more car for the money. How ever its your money to do with as you please. enjoy. :screwup:

2. AJ_72

AJ_72 Veteran Member

I'll give you $12,000 for it right now. :D

3. The Champ

The Champ Veteran Member

Asked and answered.

As I previously posted, the difference between a Hyundai hatchback with an automatic transmission and the Sonic LT (mine is an LT) hatchback is the Hyundai is a few hundred bucks cheaper - but you get less car and it depreciates faster.

It is possible to buy a stripped Hyundai Accent sedan for $15,445 MSRP. You can get a stripped Chevy Sonic sedan for $14,995 MSRP.

The Chevy - similarly equipped to a Hyundai is less money. Why would I spend more to buy a Hyundai that depreciates faster?

I could have purchased the el strippo model - like a Hyundai - for much less money. I wouldn't want to own that car - much less a Hyundai.

Chevy also makes the Spark - that's only $12,995 - but I don't want to own that car either (and that would have been real cheap for me to buy).

Yes, I'm the GM homer on the board.

Your belief that there are comparably equipped vehicles that I could have purchased for significantly less than what I paid (before my personal rewards) - seems misguided.

My personal rewards were only good on a GM vehicle, but my research showed that for the type of vehicle I wanted - the Sonic LT hatchback with the options I selected (turbo, automatic, fog lamps, upgraded radio, 16" rims and tires) was the best bang for the buck out there - for me.

Don't just say that "There are plenty of cars out there less than 20g and more car for the money.". Give me a specific example of something that is comparable.

4. The Champ

The Champ Veteran Member

Yup....;)

Thanks!

In 6 or 7 years I might sell...:p

5. mickstan

mickstan Veteran Member

Yes, that little "POS" has a nearly 20 grand sticker price. You must not have been car shopping lately. My buddy just bought a 2015 Jeep Willys 2-door. 30 grand with rebates and incentives. 30 grand, for a Jeep! Not a Cherokee or anything, just a Jeep. He stole that little "POS" for only 10 grand. Even at 16, its still not a bad deal. I would much rather be driving that than some Hyundai thing.

6. SpeedAddict02

SpeedAddict02 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sweet deal. Lots of luck with it.

7. 73Camaro383

Hey expect both sides of a post. I just did a quick search and saw a bunch of cars the same price and would be much cheaper with all the incentives out now. You are big boys and can search yourself., I am not so "misguided" to a damn car brand. I buy what I like and what fits the budget. I just bought a 13 hemi 300c. I am not a car brand fan boy. I like it I buy it. I suppose I don't pat people on the back because they bought a little overpriced POS with incentives and cc points and say wow good deal blah blah blah. If your happy so be it. I wouldn't drop loot like that on a compact sh$#box. I would buy used and save a bunch of cash on something that depreciated a ton as soon as you took the keys.

8. Chevrolaine

Chevrolaine Veteran Member Gold Member

It's not yours, Why get worked up over it?:confused:
    Like you, He liked it, he bought it. End of story.;)

9. 73Camaro383

Your right laine.. ;)

10. The Champ

The Champ Veteran Member

I did the research and proved that your claim of a comparable Hyundai for much less was fraudulent.

The Hyundai Accent hatchback - after incentives (only $750 for the Hyundai vs. $1500 for the Sonic) and dealer discount - is $60 more expensive than my Sonic.

Why would I pay more to get less? The difference could have been much higher if I took out the options that I chose to have on the Sonic that on the Hyundai are not available. The turbo motor alone is a $700 option - there isn't an option for one on the Hyundai.

My car - less the options - would have been about $1700 less than the Hyundai before my personal rewards.

I don't think GM or ACDelco would have let me use my $6600+ personal rewards on the Hyundai to allow me to buy a lesser car for more money though...

I paid $9466 plus tax, title and license. My rewards are only redeemable on a new car. I can drive this for a couple of years and sell it for what I paid for it.

But I won't. As my policy is to buy new and keep my cars. I won't have any maintenance costs for 2 years - included oil changes and tire rotations are provided on the new car purchase.

I have a 3 year/36,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty provided at no charge. I have a 5 year/100,000 mile powertrain warranty provided at no charge.

You will be paying for maintenance and repairs long before I will.

Your 300C is a nice car.

I could have purchased a bigger new car with my rewards if I wanted to. But this is a second car for us - we still have our 2006 Torrent that was also purchased new ($26,000 sticker price - paid $17,300).

My price new on both these purchases was lower than a 1 year old used car because of rewards that are only good on new car purchases.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.