My new Beretta LS swap RWD conversion 4.8/5spd

woody80z28

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Sep 8, 2004
walton, ny usa
I've been a bad member lately, haven't logged in in forever...but here's a new project you might be interested in! You might know my first car was a Beretta...had a couple since then. My last one (that I just sold for insane money) was a 3.4 swap/5spd summer daily that ran [email protected] on 87 n/a. Pretty sweet car for a FWD...and looked amazing.
mkfRGG8-1.jpg

This new one, I just rescued from the junkyard. I recently bought a low-miles truck LR4 that's drive by cable and the harness to go with it. I tuned it for free with my phone from LS-Droid. I already have a 2wd NV3500 5spd (not super strong, but I'll be small displacement, lightweight and small tires) and just picked up a Explorer 8.8 3.73 LSD for $200. There's a lot of fab work to be done...but my goal is a RWD v8 Beretta to slide around for $5000 in about a year. It's gonna be a quick and dirty build...my never-ending Camaro has kinda soured me on perfection.
9yknppj-1.jpg

i3B9ogg-1.jpg

upS6sdL-1.jpg

KPys3pr-1.jpg

NSotbIn-1.jpg

gxuCGvK-1.jpg

ExTT14a-1.jpg

JKl12WL-1.jpg

I don't have a whole lot for pictures, cause I've been doing most everything on youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/c/GEARHEADdezign

And here's the video picking up the car:

I've also got a lot of stuff on converting the truck LR4 to LS2 intake and LS1 pan on the cheap. Just made some DIY trap doors for the Fbody pan baffle. Let me know what you think!

xten

Veteran Member
Sep 24, 2014
Pittsburgh, Pa.
That's gonna be a nice hot rod! Hard to believe it was from Pa and that incredibly clean. Had to be garaged most of it's life. What the hell was it doing in a JY? My neighbor put a JY 87 Regal together with a 4.8 and a small turbo and ran 11.12 before he stuffed it into the fence @ the 1000 ft mark, so they can take an ass whoopin and still be fast.

PaRoadDawg

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Apr 10, 2002
PA
I'm finishing up a 5.3/4L60E/8.8 in a Jeep Wrangler. So if you need some help on what worked for me in such tight spaces, drop me a PM.

woody80z28

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Sep 8, 2004
walton, ny usa
Still a bad member I guess...been crazy busy. The junkyard owner's family bought it to 3800sc swap it, but that never happened. So it was unmolested in the yard. It doesn't look amazing underneath, but it's pretty good. You can see it in the video. It's perfectly imperfect, cause won't feel bad about cutting it up.

But I took measurements, and to make the truck LS fit under the hood I had to use an Fbody oil pan and car intake. And to make the LS2 manifold fit, I had to use an Fbody water pump too. I also made some DIY baffles for the LS1 oil pan (youtube video coming on that soon). And I promise this will be a quick & dirty build, but I did shoot it was a couple rattle cans. Huge visual improvement with minimal time invested. I've got it just about ready to test-fire on the engine stand now.
M3fTuWy-1.jpg

RmqlfTX-1.jpg

1ShemwZ-1.jpg

iPHA5XS.jpg

Last edited: