My new Beretta LS swap RWD conversion 4.8/5spd

xten

Veteran Member
Sep 24, 2014
Pittsburgh, Pa.
WTG Woody! Starting to get real now. Been following since the git-go. Lotta time, work and engineering, but I'm sure it'll be a blast to drive. Years ago at a car show I saw a Cutlass Calais 2dr (was a quad 4) the guy put a 406 sbc and a 5 speed in. RWD. Looked like it came that way. Coolest thing ever at the time.

woody80z28

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Sep 8, 2004
walton, ny usa
Thanks for the encouragement...seems like it's taking forever with everything I have going on...but it keeps moving forward!

woody80z28

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Sep 8, 2004
walton, ny usa
Haha, I already got 2 Blazers and a Beretta. That guy is in Colorado. He used a 4dr 4wd Blazer frame/floor/firewall. Wheelbase and ride height are kinda terrible IMO.

Still working on mine. Been slow cause I got Lyme disease, Covid and now pneumonia...rough couple months! Getting the steering angle and Ackermann dialed in now.
EUNnKgT.jpg

woody80z28

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Sep 8, 2004
walton, ny usa
Ok. Steering is done for now. Current limitations keep it from being perfect...but I'm gonna roll with it for a bit! I need to do some more research on different racks, but I'm too far behind to keep pissing away more time on it. haha
I got the pedals completely finished and made some progress on the radiator too. Been taking some stuff home to work on during the week to try and get more accomplished quicker. So far it seems to help a little!

675v082.jpg

xgcAFkr.jpg

f-body freak

Veteran Member
Nov 22, 2014
northern ohio
WOW!!!! Just seen this thread today. You have way to much talent for your own good. Like a mad scientist lol. I gotta go back & watch all the videos, but this is insanity at its best. Super impressed & anxious for the finish.

1980RS

Veteran Member
Jun 17, 2006
MN
Haha, I already got 2 Blazers and a Beretta. That guy is in Colorado. He used a 4dr 4wd Blazer frame/floor/firewall. Wheelbase and ride height are kinda terrible IMO.

Still working on mine. Been slow cause I got Lyme disease, Covid and now pneumonia...rough couple months! Getting the steering angle and Ackermann dialed in now.
EUNnKgT.jpg
I hope you get better. I got either covid or the flu this week, even after getting flu shot. That's never happened to me in the past. Makes me wonder what the hell they're putting in those vials these days. Get well soon, I can feel for you getting sick sucks.

woody80z28

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Sep 8, 2004
walton, ny usa
WOW!!!! Just seen this thread today. You have way to much talent for your own good. Like a mad scientist lol. I gotta go back & watch all the videos, but this is insanity at its best. Super impressed & anxious for the finish.
You can do a lot with determination, even without "talent". Especially if you're building it sloppy like mine. haha

I hope you get better. I got either covid or the flu this week, even after getting flu shot. That's never happened to me in the past. Makes me wonder what the hell they're putting in those vials these days. Get well soon, I can feel for you getting sick sucks.
Covid and then pneumonia has been annoying, but nothing super serious. Lyme disease blew my mind though. I literally went from normal on Saturday to shivering Sat night to absolutely worthless on Sunday. I basically slept for 2-3 days straight and I had zero strength and massive body aches. I couldn't pick up a jug of milk or even squeeze toothpaste. F'n wild man. Basically felt paralyzed. That lasted about a week and I wasn't back to full strength in my hands for almost 3 weeks. Really crazy.

Latest posts