My new Beretta LS swap RWD conversion 4.8/5spd

woody80z28

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Sep 8, 2004
walton, ny usa

It's alive! Put a pooload of hours in on it over the last week+, cause I'm getting kicked off my old man's lift for his dumb new Mopars. A lot of the final little details turned out really well. It's uncanny how well a truck fuse block and PCM fit a Beretta. haha And my modified headers miraculously can be removed from the top side, and still have access to the starter and steering shaft.
The fuel tank and a couple other things are sloppy cobbed together at the moment, so it's still not road worthy. But it runs and will be making tire smoke by this weekend. More detailed video coming soon, obviously.

sVDudp8.jpg

A5REAEI.jpg

Wf0x04S.jpg

ctYjFyk.jpg

woody80z28

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Sep 8, 2004
walton, ny usa
Here's the thrash video. And the next one will show smoke!

FZCrS9M.jpg

After I got it fired, I discovered the clutch wouldn't fully disengage. 6.1:1 Wilwood pedals and 3/4 bore master should have been ok considering the 4th gens had 6:1 pedals and 3/4 master cyl...but apparently McLeod and Spec clutches both need a 7/8 master. Fittingly enough, my used Spec clutch did come with a 7/8 master. Probably should have done some homework on that then. But it was a universal style Tilton that fit the Wilwood pedals just like the Afcos I'm running.
RIeCLi3.jpg

It was sketchy AF on the initial test drive! My "oh how bad can it be" bumpsteer was really bad, so I stole a couple 5/8 heims from the Camaro and dialed it in a lot better. I also adjusted my pinion angle (cause I had forgotten) and made a tweak to the driver rear lower control arm length. Should be a marked improvement on the next test drive.
91rpZFV.jpg

HnIDR1a.jpg

hf41jlg.jpg

sLDHD5t.jpg

Mike N

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Gold Member
Jan 13, 2002
Spencerport, NY.
Here's the thrash video. And the next one will show smoke!

FZCrS9M.jpg

After I got it fired, I discovered the clutch wouldn't fully disengage. 6.1:1 Wilwood pedals and 3/4 bore master should have been ok considering the 4th gens had 6:1 pedals and 3/4 master cyl...but apparently McLeod and Spec clutches both need a 7/8 master. Fittingly enough, my used Spec clutch did come with a 7/8 master. Probably should have done some homework on that then. But it was a universal style Tilton that fit the Wilwood pedals just like the Afcos I'm running.
RIeCLi3.jpg

It was sketchy AF on the initial test drive! My "oh how bad can it be" bumpsteer was really bad, so I stole a couple 5/8 heims from the Camaro and dialed it in a lot better. I also adjusted my pinion angle (cause I had forgotten) and made a tweak to the driver rear lower control arm length. Should be a marked improvement on the next test drive.
91rpZFV.jpg

HnIDR1a.jpg

hf41jlg.jpg

sLDHD5t.jpg

Awesome build!!

4th pic.... can you flip those brackets to get the knuckle closer to the tie rod? The length of the current spacer between the rod and knuckle is a bit scary to me.

woody80z28

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Sep 8, 2004
walton, ny usa
Awesome build!!

4th pic.... can you flip those brackets to get the knuckle closer to the tie rod? The length of the current spacer between the rod and knuckle is a bit scary to me.
I can't, but I may build something from scratch at some point. Those are 48 Ford steering arms (cause the bolt spacing was correct for a Beretta wheel bearing) that I ended up bending, cutting and re-welding.
Everything on it is pretty sloppy at the moment. Did you take a look at the trunk in the video? haha