My new C10

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by CamaroMan79, Oct 2, 2016.

1. CamaroMan79

CamaroMan79 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

1981 Chevy C10 Silverado shortbox. When my health improves I'm going to drop in the engine, trans and rear that were in my Camaro into it as well as put in Vintage Air. It's a solid truck with only a small rust bubble about dime sized under the paint on the passenger side. It was painted 12yrs ago but looks damn near new. It has skulls airbrushed inside the flames. Has a good running 350 with a brand new Holley carb(vin said it was originally a 350 diesel and I'm sure glad they swapped that out. Those diesels are garbage) and it has a 700r4 which will be replaced by my built th400. I think the drive and overdrive clutches in the 700r4 have seen better days.

Underside looks like it was undercoated coated at one time. It has new weatherstripping throughout although I think the door stripping is causing the doors not to close all the way at the bottom. I'll fix that eventually. I used a portion of the money I made parting out the Camaro to buy it. I got it for $7400 which is under what an all original goes for at low bluebook. The new 20" Coys wheels and Toyo tires are worth over $2200 alone. I'll also put my spare AAW Highway 22 wiring kit in it as well as my brand new Entropy billet radiator that's still sitting in the box.

IMG_0845.JPG IMG_0844.JPG IMG_0846.JPG IMG_0843.JPG IMG_0842.JPG IMG_0840.JPG IMG_0838.JPG IMG_0841.JPG IMG_0839.JPG

Attached Files:

2. bodymanbill

bodymanbill Veteran Member

That's a badass truck,always loved that body style. Are those rear wheel houses stretched they look really wide

3. CamaroMan79

CamaroMan79 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Thanks. I don't think they are stretched. If they are they did a good job because it doesn't look it from the underside.

And could a MOD please move this to the BS section please. I meant to post it there. Can't say I like the new site layout too much.

4. Shizzle

Shizzle Veteran Member

Nice truck.
    If the tubs were stretched, they did a good job as I believe that bed bolts together like the 68-72 style

5. 04silvyhotrod

04silvyhotrod Veteran Member

That's a great looking C10. I wish I could find one to build around here. But most of them is eat out and not worth nothing.