My New Toy 67 RS

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by 496z28, Feb 18, 2014.

1. 496z28

496z28 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Thanks Joe!

2. flowjoe

flowjoe Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

I know the booster suggestion wasn't much help but it's hard to gauge what will or won't fit with your particular valve covers. I do know that the offset frame mounts are pretty much essential to get even factory steel covers to fit though.

3. 496z28

You're good. I understood what you meant. I ordered a set of stands from ebay today. Fortunately, its still in mockup mode. Trying to build some headers. Im too cheap to spend $350+ on headers. Lol

4. 496z28

[​IMG]

New carpet.. Got the seats in. Waiting on door panels from yearone. Tunnel ram is gone. Installed Victor Jr with a single 850.
    Headers go on tomorrow, then an open header test drive is gonna happen!!

[​IMG]

5. JCSilver80

JCSilver80 Veteran Member

Hey David, just read through your thread. I've got a thing for first gens, owned four of them over the years and still have the 67 sport coupe that was my first car. Just an observation about the hole that was cut in the trans tunnel......I bet someone had to replace a shift fork or wanted to install a new shifter and thought that was a faster way to go than actually removing the trans.

Anyway, have fun with that first test drive.....I'm sure the neighbors are gonna love those open headers!!!!!!

6. zfool

zfool Veteran Member

Nice project, I love the 67 cars, I've had a couple. I love wing windows, reminds me of a pack of Marlboro's rolled up in my sleeve going 125 on a two lane black top with a hot blond screaming faster next to me. Well now it's an impala doing 65 on the super slab. I kept the hot blond for now but I may trade her for a 67 if she keeps bitchin about how loud the music is. Ha. Have fun.

7. 496z28

Thanks guys.. Ive made a lot of progress. I just suck at documenting and taking pictures. Ill get some updates posted soon.

8. Da-bigguy

Da-bigguy Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Looking forward to seeing some new pics! I'm pretty much the same, zero progress on mine for the last four months or better so no pictures to put up for that reason. This weekend though I will get into the garage!

9. 496z28

Alrighty. The 496 bbc is out. Picked up a very low milage 6.0/80e combo. Waiting on the oil pan and mounts to drop it in. Today it received a small cam upgrade and valve springs. Tomorrow the plan is to upgrade the stock rockers witha trunion upgrade. Holly has my attention on the alien looking intake manifold. Getting closer to getting it into paint. Theme is crusher camaro's cousin. Lol

10. 496z28

[​IMG]

Not exactly what I had in mind, but the car is on the street.