My Pinks idea if anyone would support it...

al5570

Veteran Member
Apr 8, 2006
NC these days
BamaZ28 said:
I would definently be down for this! Only thing is, I think that once we get the 200-300 member sponsors, we should purchase it all from scratch. I know some of you would like to use your engine or rolling car, but in the end if the rewards are raffled somehow, you would have an arguement that you contributed a substantial part to the project. Not saying any of you would do that, but it could be a potential issue.

Step 1 would be talking to Mike about this, without him condoning it, probably couldn't use the board for it.

Step 2 would be getting PERSONAL confirmation of the members via email, pm or phone contact to get a good estimate of how much we could raise $$$.

Step 3 Create a private forums for project contributors to conversate without prying eyes of competitors.

Step 4 Get the budget laid out and start purchasing parts.

Step 5 Assemble and tune.

Step 6 Take home the other car :)

this is a GREAT method to take care of it. i do agree that everything should be from scratch. yes.......some people will put in more work than others just donating money, but in the end we all come out even. i think as long as we follow these steps it really could work as long as we can get through to the people at pinks, damn, this is exciting.

muscl car

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Jul 8, 2001
Gallatin Tennessee
why build a car when you've got some serious hp cars here on the boars ,ever gone over the competion forum ?? .there's plenty of these types of cars here that would be awesome candidates for pinks . one of our moderators "marv" was on pinks all outin phoenix and made it to the sweet 16 and then had a transbrake malfunction and lost .there's another moderator "Zcooks" with a low 10 second camaro who has signed up also to run "pinks all out" .

i say let's back some of our members cars that already have race cars built and sponsor them and back them financially but only run the pinks all-out series .

RaycerX81

Veteran Member
Dec 11, 2004
Placerville, Ca.
It would be better to find a shell and build it. If we use a members car and for some reason we lose, then that memeber is out a car and we would feel like crap, but if we build it from scratch then we as a forum will lose it not just one member. I say try and get them to do it at Sears Point.

al5570

Veteran Member
Apr 8, 2006
NC these days
RaycerX81 said:
It would be better to find a shell and build it. If we use a members car and for some reason we lose, then that memeber is out a car and we would feel like crap, but if we build it from scratch then we as a forum will lose it not just one member. I say try and get them to do it at Sears Point.

that is definitely a big reason. another thing is that pinks all out just is not as exciting as the original pinks series. and i doubt anyone here would want to put their 10 or 11 sec camaro on the line if they could lose it, that would be sad anyways......but.....if a bunch of us just put in a little cash, a couple parts, a little time, then if the car was lost(which that wouldnt happen anways).....then its not much loss to each person. doing an actual pinks episode(not pinks all out) would just be much more exciting, imo

ggtsvnv

Veteran Member
Jun 20, 2002
Fallon, NV
BamaZ28 said:
I would definently be down for this! Only thing is, I think that once we get the 200-300 member sponsors, we should purchase it all from scratch. I know some of you would like to use your engine or rolling car, but in the end if the rewards are raffled somehow, you would have an arguement that you contributed a substantial part to the project. Not saying any of you would do that, but it could be a potential issue.

Step 1 would be talking to Mike about this, without him condoning it, probably couldn't use the board for it.

Step 2 would be getting PERSONAL confirmation of the members via email, pm or phone contact to get a good estimate of how much we could raise $$$.

Step 3 Create a private forums for project contributors to conversate without prying eyes of competitors.

Step 4 Get the budget laid out and start purchasing parts.

Step 5 Assemble and tune.

Step 6 Take home the other car :)

I agree with these steps, I do feel that to keep it organized you would want to have a team Presadent, V/P, secetary of finance, and other type of posisitions that might be needed to keep everything organized, solve disputes, and keep track of what is going on.
I do like the idea of building a car also, instead of using a members car.
One: so that it is truly a NastyZ28.com car. (not a members)
Two: It makes it a little more personal to the people that contribute through any means (labor, money, parts) instead of sponsering someone who built and did the work on their car.
Three: I like the idea of the car we win being sold for charity. This angle will also help the network draw viewers.

what if instead of rafeling off the car that is built we do a few improvements then let a different boardmember race it again on Pinks? Again aginst another board with the loosing car going to the charity auction.