Veteran Member
May 17, 2017
Fort Mill SC
yT1ASs.jpg

Plant Engineer

Veteran Member
May 17, 2017
Fort Mill SC
Started cutting coils today. Passenger side is tough as the lower A arm doesnt clear one tube of the 2" Hedman headers very well and the Moroso springs dont really have enough room between coils to get a spring compressor in there. Turns it into a 3 step process . The driver side I'll get tomorrow., I cut 1/2 coil on the passenger side and its still touching the upper stop. I fully expect to have to do this again in a month. Dont want to go too far .

7/3-SplitRS

Veteran Member
Mar 26, 2014
Pecatonica IL
What color you thinking on this Beast?!

Can you give some more info on the Exhaust from headers back, is that a kit or fabbed up?

What brand seats are those?

Looking damn good!

Plant Engineer

Veteran Member
May 17, 2017
Fort Mill SC
Color is going to be Viper Blue with white stripes.

Its a set of 3" dynomax mufflers with a short 3" straight pipe then a 45 and a 4" polished stainless tail pipe. About as minimalist as possible and its about as loud as possible too given that the dynomax are essentially turbo muffler shaped glasspacks. Heres a pic before I cut the 45 after the bend and welded the 16" long 4" tips on. I'm using Hedman 2" primary headers with ball socket flanges which work fantastic for sealing .
y4m1jX.jpg

The seats are just $150 delivered Chinese made ebay specials. They are somewhat uncomfortable but will work until I can find a decent set of 2010-2017 Camaro seats in the color I want. I really like the seats in my 2010 2LT Camaro

7/3-SplitRS

Veteran Member
Mar 26, 2014
Pecatonica IL
Thanks for the info. I too am looking to dump right before the rear wheels. Where/how did you attach exhaust after header connection. I had purchased a set off of summit, same scenario. They were not very comfortable. I sold them and am looking for something else. Have to check out the new ones then.

Thanks.

Plant Engineer

Veteran Member
May 17, 2017
Fort Mill SC
I welded a few 3 1/2" muffler clamps to the frame and used those to hold the exhaust up. I have all solid motor mounts and frame bushings so I'm not concerned about the exhaust not moving.

I'm not concerned with the loudness of the exhaust . It has mufflers so I can check that box for legal reasons but to be honest it wouldnt bother me a bit to drive around with open headers.

Latest posts