My son graduated from Air Force BMT this weekend

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by BB72R-Yes, Feb 27, 2012.

1. BB72R-Yes

BB72R-Yes Veteran Member

Just got home tonight from Lackland AF Base in San Antonio. The boy graduated this weekend and is now off to Tech school in Pensacola for 3 months. He will be learning aircraft structural maintenance.
    A couple of his friends went down also and we were able to take him off base a couple times and check out much of what San Antonio has to offer. I must say we really enjoyed the city sights and some very fine dining. He had lost roughly 15lbs but I think he managed to put half that back on before we left.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. onelapduster

onelapduster Veteran Member

Awsome!! I think I have a picture at the exact same spot when I graduated. Aircarft structural tech school I believe is taught by the Navy. I wouldnt trade my career for anything, but wish I could cut train into aircraft structural repair. You get to play with all the cool tools. Congrats to your son, this is just the beginning of many milestones.

3. 69LM1

69LM1 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Awesome.... Congratulate him from the NastyZ family.

I assume you guys did the riverwalk..... I was there a few months ago for a conference. The alamo sure is built up now.

I spent 6 months at Lackland for basic and tech!

RichP

4. Aceshigh

Aceshigh Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

NAS Pensacola. Cool area.
    I was stationed a few blocks away at NTTC Corry Station for Crypto.

He will really enjoy his stay down there in P-cola.
    The beaches are awesome, and the weather is unbeatable.
    That's what gave me the Florida bug and made me want to move back ever since.

5. BB72R-Yes

BB72R-Yes Veteran Member

We did and were very impressed. Had some fantastic meals also. We ate one night at the Texas de Brazil and were just blown away by the place. Also had lunch at Lou Lou's Bakery which I had seen on an episode of "Man vs. Food". They serve a chicken fried steak and 3lb. Cinnamon rolls that will make your tongue smack your brains out.

6. Aceshigh

Aceshigh Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

One of my favorite places to eat right there. Fried banana's were the clinch.
    I hope you went for dinner , because the lunches don't serve as many steak skewers.

Unbelievable how fat you can get in an hour, and how good the food is at those places.
    We did lunch there too but the dinners are better.

7. BB72R-Yes

BB72R-Yes Veteran Member

We did the dinner and will never forget it. Only thing I didn't care for was the lamb but that wasn't their fault. I've never really cared for it but everything else was so good I couldn't not try it. It was pretty impressive how quick the wait staff was with fresh skewers. Just one amazing entree after another. They'd swoop in, serve, and then be gone. Here's a link for the San Antonio location if anyone would like to check it out:http://www.texasdebrazil.com/sanantonio