Nanny systems

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by ol' grouch, Nov 25, 2018.

1. ULTM8Z

ULTM8Z Veteran Member

please...California IS a cancer.

2. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

We had to put "Prop 65" stickers on our roofing going to Kalifornia for a while. I think it's on the wrappers now. Yes, some of the stuff in roofing might cause cancer. I'm not sure what but anything is possible. However, class A roofing is basically inert. That's why you use it for roofing. The only way the material will come out is if your house is on fire and I think you have more immediate problems then.

3. tom3

tom3 Veteran Member

Don't know about cancer but I sure know that roofing is hell on my back.

4. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

Many, many years ago, it was rough on me too. Now, I just fling it. Of course, what we make now weighs around 1/3 of what the old stuff when I started weighed.

5. MIDNIGHTBLUE

MIDNIGHTBLUE Veteran Member

I rented a Chrysler 300 a few months ago, I needed to drive to Prescott Arizona to scout out some properties. It was a V6 and was pretty loaded. Back up camera, USB reader for all my music on a thumb drive, heated and cooled seats etc, proximity key fob with push start.

The good:

Great gas mileage a ton of room

The bad:

Seats were pretty hard, for a total miles driven of 900 miles. My tail bone ached for a good week.

Didnt like how deep you sat in the car, it was like sitting in a hole, drivers window sill was high too, I like to rest my arm on the sill, it was so high it rested on the arm rest on the door and sill came up to my shoulder.

That V6 was amazingly fast, I would easily say it was V8 fast from the early 2000s. After the drive I realized how sore my neck was because my head kept getting thrown back onto the head rest, very torquey engine. Gearing and transmission were nuts, out in the middle of the desert I got up to 95-100+ for a quite a few miles and the RPMs were not very high IIRC only around 4,000-4,500 RPM.

Whole different world compared to my 1997 Lincoln Town car.