Nasty on your smartphone

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Ztoy, Oct 16, 2014.

1. AJ_72

AJ_72 Veteran Member

Opera for Android is a fantastic browser.

Open the settings and select "Text Wrap", then double tap the words you want to zoom in on, and like Notepad, it will condense the words onto the viewable area.

2. CamaroGP

CamaroGP Veteran Member

Agreed. I use Opera on my GS5 and laptop. great browser. I have had no issues at all with this site or any other for that matter.

3. ProStreet383

ProStreet383 Veteran Member

I have tried all the browsers and I like Dolphin browser the best coupled with swiftkey keyboard. I have used smartphones for years now and I still much prefer doing things on a pc but its not real hard on a smartphone once you get used to it. It is just faster on a pc.

4. BigBlock73

BigBlock73 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

5S with the newest update

5. mgoad1971

mgoad1971 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

here's where I ask the kids to program the VCR...:crazy:

Is a Nokia Lumia (with windows) considered an 'android' phone? It's my first 'smart' phone and while I can access this site from it, I prefer and actual keyboard.

6. green 1977

green 1977 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I duit and I am 10 years your senior ;) ;) ... but there is always a nose print in the middle of the screen :crazy: :crazy: :eek:

7. The Champ

The Champ Veteran Member

No...

I guess I didn't used enough emoticons to make it clear I was giving Todd a hard time...;) :D :cool: :eek: :happy: :confused: :eek: :screwup: :p

8. Ztoy

Ztoy Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I remember wayyyyy back in my 40's....lol.....I had excellent vision, could split a hair at 100 paces with my bow and arrow. Then just what Todd mentioned began. Now, in my 60's, its glasses and bi focals. My next door neighbor is 2 yrs older and has never had glasses, guess I'm just lucky..:rolleyes: ...and now their shrinking newspapers..making everything smaller. Jeez louise..

So these different os's, you can just change them, or are you basically stuck with what comes on your phone when you get them? Being basically 'smartphone stupid' I hesistate changing too much for fear of screwing the damned thing up....lol

9. Ztoy

Ztoy Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Now its the router...

LOL, guess with all the wi fi stuff we now have our little wi fi wouter just can't keep up. Its an old linksys wrt54gs. We are on dsl here.

Looking at a linksys ac1200+, we're being told it will handle our desktop, 2 laptops, our 2 phones and when the kids come for Turkey day, their 6 phones, and their tablets and laptops. The geek told us it handled his 2 game systems, computer, several phones while downloading movies on his wifi TV setup. He said the games were the biggest draws with the TV downloads nearly as high a draw.

So whoever said all you had to do was get the phones......lol.....I should have known, there is always something else...lol :cool: