Nasty Z28 Challenge

Discussion in 'Original Drivetrain Topic' started by THNDER, Feb 14, 2015.

1. THNDER

THNDER Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Hi guys and gals, I was contacted by Bud Scolastico (Head of Judging at the Camaro Nationals) shortly after the MCACN show in Chicago this past November. He wanted to know who to talk to in order to get more second generation Camaros at the nationals. I spoke with Ron L. who headed up the display at the MCACN show, and I have spoke with Mad Mike, and we have come up with the "NASTY Z28 CHALLENGE!! I know a lot of folks would like to come, or have thought about it, but now you are being invited! We are looking for one of every year second gen Camaro 1970-1981 to line up next to each other in front of the Nasty Z28 tent. I know that's only 12 cars, but we really want more second gens period! Mad Mike, Ron and I would like to see more second gens than any other generation Camaro! You can have your car judged if you want, or you can just hang out and show off your car! Display only cost you $30.00 for the entire event. This truly is the largest all Camaro show in the country. It would be great to see as many of you there as possible. Mike

2. camaro73lt

camaro73lt Veteran Member

Mike - Sending you an email re: my 73 Camaro for this.

3. Smokin'Joe

Smokin'Joe Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Hello Mike,

Can you elaborate with a "when and where" ?

Thanks !

--

4. THNDER

5. Bikefixr

Bikefixr Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I've thought about bringing my LS3. But I've also been-there and done-that with my 70 LS6 Chevelle. The know-it-alls and nit-picks really left a sour taste in my mouth for the shows. I can just hear it now....shouldn't have stripes..eeew, wrong Ralley wheels... chips in the paint....I think I'll pass.

6. THNDER

This is just a display thing, If it makes you feel any better, I am bringing my hugger orange RS/SS 350 car with Z28 wheels and white stripes. People don't like it, I don't care.

7. 69LM1

69LM1 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Like I said in the BS post, this show is really not like that at all. Very laid back and there are even several cars in various stages of completion that were there and no grief given.

It is so laid back that when we revealed Tin Soldier to the original owner Ron we got permission for Ron to drive it around the field. Not many shows would allow that.

While I enjoyed the MCACN shows for different reasons, I like this show for its relaxed atmosphere.

Rich

8. BonzoHansen

BonzoHansen Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

Yup, you only get judged like that if you sign up for it